C3.2

Chapter 3.2

Shen Yi Bin was the Shen family's only son of the first wife, so he was very pampered, his food and clothing were top class for the time period. After Zhou Yun Sheng returned to the Shen residence, he really had a few days of leisure and happiness, how could he foresee that on this day, just as he got out of bed, he was placed in prison by the imperial guards.

Shen father was a minister near the Son of Heaven, he naturally had the opportunity to access the exam question. The Tian Chen Emperor suspected that Shen father also participated in the fraud case, so he ordered the imperial guards to detain him too.

Father and son were currently squatting in a stinky cell, already with black and blue eyes and sallow complexions, they looked very haggard.

"When is mother going to send us dinner? I have not eaten a Babao duck in a long time, I'm really itching for one." Zhou Yun Sheng had a straw dangling from his mouth, rubbing his board beaten buttocks. Fortunately, he had the habit of strengthening his body when he entered a new world, or he'd now have internal injuries from the beating.

Shen father had not been fired yet, so as an official appointed by the imperial court, his board beating wasn't as severe as his, but his heart's torment was a hundred times more painful than being tortured. He grabbed his son's ear and angrily rebuked, "You this unfilial son, you still think about eating at this time? Quickly confess out the person who answered your questions, lest you suffer any more torture!"

"That is my own writing, how can I confess?" Zhou Yun Sheng covered his ears, looking wronged.

Shen father saw him still unrepentant even in this situation, and couldn't help but feel short of breath and chest pain, swinging his fists to give him a good beating.

Meanwhile, Shen mother was visiting her daughter, the Seventh Prince's concubine.

"Go back mother, I am also now like a clay Bodhisattva fording a river. I cannot guarantee my own safety, where do I have surplus power to save father and younger brother. I sent someone to invite the Seventh Prince a few times, but he was not willing to see me. Perhaps he foresaw my purpose for calling him, because he unexpectedly made mother imperial concubine summon me to the palace for reprimand. Now, I'm forbidden to set foot outside, and I don't know what month or year I will regain my freedom." Shen Qiao Dan said while shedding tears, her expression hopeless.

Shen mother suddenly understood, after a moment of silence, she sighed, "So, the Seventh Prince intends to stand idly by? It makes sense, your brother has no hope of getting out of this predicament in this lifetime, and your father's career is also ruined, our Shen family is naturally useless to him. Daughter, you have no children, and have fallen out of favor, what will you do in the future? If I knew this would happen, I would've betrothed you to an ordinary family, to give you a peaceful life."

Mother and daughter felt sadness welling up, crying on each other's shoulders.

Westside courtyard, Xie Yu Rou sent someone to inquire about the conversation between the mother and daughter. She dismissed the servant girl who relayed the message and sneered, "The Shen family has fallen, what other ways out does Shen Qiao Dan have? The future hardships are just beginning, please slowly enjoy it."

A few loyal servant girls, all submissively standing respectfully, pretended that they didn't hear anything.

Just at this time, the Seventh Prince stepped in. He saw the peerless beauty reclining on the couch, and his indifferent eyes immediately seeped out a small smile.

"Zi Qing, Lady Shen came, you did not ... ..." Xie Yu Rou displayed a kindhearted and gentle appearance in front of others, at this time, she should naturally plead for leniency.