C13.1 Back to the Beginning

Chapter 13.1 Back to the Beginning

Mecha and starships have always been the military's trump cards, to a certain extent, they determined the military strength of an empire. But now, these two powerful weapons were controlled by the Queen, and being used to destroy humanity itself.

The military wanted to destroy the Queen's source code, but all the hackers they found hadn't succeeded, they couldn't even get into the Queen's first defense system. In desperation, the military could only disconnect the Queen's energy system, hoping it would shut down. But a strange event occurred, even though the energy system was removed, the Queen was still up and running, and it was behaving more and more aggressively.

At the same time, doctors noticed that those who had connected to the Star Network and fallen into a coma had symptoms of brain death. They boldly guessed, the Queen's new energy source was the spiritual force of these people, commonly known as the soul.

Although there was a lack of scientific basis for the assumption, the military attached great importance to this and focused on moving the surviving patients to protected areas. After confirming the identity of these people, the military was surprised to find that they were all industry leaders, their spiritual power was also very strong, one of them was even the top hacker Zhou Yun Sheng, who had invaded the galaxy's defense system more than once. At the age of thirteen he became a major criminal on the military's wanted list, but after trying to track down and arrest him for three years, unexpectedly, they couldn't even touch his shadow.

Each one of the Empire's defense system was designed and personally built by the Queen, if Zhou Yun Sheng could easily compromise those systems at 13, he should also be able to destroy the Queen's terminal. So they put Zhou Yun Sheng in restoration bay No. 1, making every effort to treat him.

When they got the news of his awakening, the Imperial Marshal personally came to visit the hospital.

The hospital was actually more in name than in fact, it was only a long abandoned underground air-raid shelter. Now, in order for humanity to escape the Queen's surveillance and attacks, people began moving underground, the army's maneuvering had even fallen back to ancient time's wireless communication.

"... ... so now the Empire and even all of mankind needs your help." The Marshal said sincerely after thoroughly explaining the situation.

Zhou Yun Sheng didn't respond immediately. To be honest, the illusions and reality were no different for him. Currently, technology was very advanced, human beings could also have a sense of smell, touch, hearing and the other senses while in the Star Network, injuries would be painful, sadness would bring tears. If his lover hadn't asserted himself and sent him back in such a showy way, he wouldn't be able to tell if he was still completely trapped in the illusions and brain dead, or back home.

He thought for a moment, then asked, "When Dr. Wilson made the Queen, he once predicted this current situation, and he never did anything without security measures. There should be a set of self-destruct procedures in the Queen. Once an abnormality was detected in the Queen, the self-destruct program should've been started. Why didn't your computer experts activate the program?"

The Marshal seemed surprised that he asked about this matter, he quickly replied, "Except for Dr. Wilson, no one knew that the Star Network had such a self-destruct program. If it hadn't suddenly started up on its own about a month ago, we would have been kept in the dark."

Zhou Yun Sheng nodded, knowing that his guess about his lover's identity was correct, he impatiently demanded, "Take me to your computer room, I want to decode this program's operations." Then go back in to find Zong Yi.

The Marshal waved his hand, his expression gloomy, "This program has disappeared."

Zhou Yun Sheng turned rigid as he sat up, almost falling off the hospital bed, he barely managed to suppress his rattled emotions and ask, "Disappeared? What do you mean?"