C14.3

Chapter 14.3

For the following days, Zhou Yun Sheng continued trying to guide Xue Jing Yi to tell him the truth, but disappointingly, no, perhaps as expected, she slowly went from tangled pain to numbness, her nervous, flickering gaze becoming more and more tranquil.

She quietly dialed her private doctor's phone, and asked him whether she could live if she didn't do the surgery, but the doctor gave her a negative answer after a long silence.

"I'm recuperating nicely, never too angry, never too happy. I can live a quiet life, won't that work? I don't want to use someone else's heart." She exclaimed tearfully.

The doctor answered her with a long sigh.

She cried until she grew tired, then hung up the phone. Because of the excessive emotional ups and downs, her heart began to pound in bursts of pain. At first she propped herself up stiffly to endure it, then fell down a few minutes later, feebly calling out, "Fu Bo, Xiao Deng, medicine, my medicine!"

Nurse Xiao Deng wasn't far away, she quickly ran over to give her the medicine, then promptly laid her flat on the ground, undid her top few buttons, and held her head up so she could keep breathing unimpeded.

The old steward immediately called the private doctor, but the other side was already on his way after getting a bad premonition from the phone call. They brought Xue Jing Yi back to her room for treatment. Fortunately, the Xue family had deep pockets, their home had all sorts of medical equipment, and in order to perform the top secret surgery to give his daughter a new heart, Xue Rui had even remodeled the underground garage into a very advanced operating room.

Busy until eight or nine o'clock that night, Xue Jing Yi's situation finally began to improve. The doctor didn't tell the old butler about her phone call and break down today, he just gave a few random explanations and left. When he met a boy who looked exactly like Xue Jing Yi downstairs, his eyes seemed to ooze coldness like a scalpel.

Zhou Yun Sheng slightly nodded, and made way for the doctor to leave first. He put down a bowl of congee by Xue Jing Yi's bedside and softly said, "Jing Yi, do you feel any better? Eat something if you feel a little better, or your body will feel very weak."

The old butler picked up the congee bowl, and asked with an expressionless face, "Mr. Huang, who authorized you to use the kitchen?" At present, the adults in the house were only him, Xiao Deng and the male assistant, all the cooking natural fell on his head. He didn't know when Huang Yi had the opportunity to learn to use the kitchen supplies, so he was feeling very angry and uneasy. He would never allow the Miss to even touch food made by Huang Yi.

"I didn't do it, it was Mr. Assistant." Zhou Yun Sheng waved, his expression was very innocent.

The old butler was still very harsh, he told him, "In the future, these things need not be done by Mr. Huang, taking care of the Miss is our responsibility."

"But aren't I her brother?"

The steward didn't answer, he only smiled contemptuously and took the bowl away. He had to re-prepare dinner for the Miss.

Xue Jing Yi was lying on the bed, woodenly staring at the gorgeous crystal lights overhead. She knew that her hopes for survival would be slim without surgery. Her blood type was the very rare HH, which was commonly known as the Bombay blood group, the whole country had more than a billion people, but only 34 people had her blood type. Except for this boy, she might never find a second person who would match successfully with her.

"Jing Yi, I feel like your family doesn't like me, maybe I should leave." Zhou Yun Sheng scrunched his brows and complained.

"No, don't leave!" In an instant, Xue Jing Yi went from a state of numbness to wide awake, she forcefully gripped the boy's thin wrist, her nails digging deep into his flesh, and begged, "Don't go, stay with me! You're my only family!"