6. Selfish Raizadas

In Laxmi Nagar,

Khushi reached back home to find everybody chatting happily and praising Payal to the heavens. She was happy to see the joyful atmosphere after days of gloom.

Khushi entered the hall and loudly wished everyone and exclaimed in joy that I got the job. The Gupta's saw each others face and then passed her few smiles, fake or not who knows.

Madhumati- How much is the pay?

Khushi was struck but told honestly- Rs. 45000 per month.

The smile on their faces faltered and this did not go unnoticed by Khushi, and she enquired if everything was well.

To which Madhumati replied that for a PA you got Rs. 45000 but our Payal only got Rs. 25000. Payal felt embarrassed and she interrupted that this is the stipend she got in her training period. And the salary would be higher after 6 months.

Now, Khushi was left speechless as she also as per the norms in the company would serve the training period of 3 months unlike Payal for more duration and with less pay. But Khushi understood the difference and kept quiet.

Later, everyone went back to happy mood as Khushi announced she has brought snacks. All of them enjoyed while involving Khushi in small conversations. Guptas were happy about Khushi getting the job as they will have the chance to get their hands on it saving them from working their asses off.

Khushi also felt unsettled with their behavior but chucked it off thinking it is after days there is happiness and let it continue.

In Raizada Mansion,

Arnav entered the mansion and found the family seated in the hall. He also settled down and asked HP for water. All were engrossed in their conversations or better in eye-to-eye talk and finally Anjali gathered courage and expressed her useless and unwanted opinion-

Anjali- Chote, I am disappointed in you. How could you promote Aman to such a high position. It was better to be given to someone who is worth and power should be kept within your own people instead of distributing with outsiders.

Arnav (felt his temper rising, but keeping his emotions in check)- What happened Di? Aman worked hard for it and he deserves it. And if not Aman, then who should be given this position and he is not an outsider Di.

Anjali- Arnav, Aman is an outsider. He is using your trust to rise himself to power and you're letting him do it. And in place of Aman, the position could be given to Akash, he is your brother and if not Akash, then your brother-in-law, Shyam. He is a lawyer and would be of help only. the position would have remained within the family only.

Arnav- Di, for the last time, Aman is not an outsider and he deserves it and he would never betray me or stab me. I trust him.

Manorma- Then don't you trust your Jija Ji or your brother, Arnav Bitwa Hello Hi Bye Bye!!

Arnav- Mami JI! what are you even saying? Akash is heading the entire production unit and about Jija Ji, he has his own practice.

Devyani- Manorma is not wrong Arnav. Didn't you see how he acted in the morning as he holds more rights in this family than us.

Anjali- Yes Chote, didn't you see how he humiliated your Di and did not let you touch the food I made. And about your health, he treated us as if we are your enemies.

Arnav- Shouts at everyone finding they are all just against Aman and not even caring about his health. Knowing well that their big and fat Raizada ego has been bruised. He angrily leaves the hall and moves back into his room. 

In the hall,

Akash- Leave him Maa, Don't we know how he is. He considers himself to be the sole owner of us.

Anjali- You are right Akash. Not only did he allowed Aman to insult us but he himself insulted us and started crying her eyes out.

Everybody started consoling the princess.

At night, Arnav came downstairs to find that everybody has already started the dinner and were half way through it. His inner self mocked, 'Hey do not even care if he has dinner or not'.  He sighs and move towards the table joining them for dinner. 

Everybody ignored him. He also took one chapati and Dal and started his dinner along with some salad. As he was about to finish his dinner, Anjali called his name out softly. Arnav felt happy that she has come around and not stretched the matter like always. But his happiness was again short lived as Anjali very innocently said-

Anjali- Arnav, it is my friend's wedding and I want to buy some sarees for it.

Arnav though disappointed still replied- Yes Di, you can come to AR anytime and choose the outfit.

Anjali- No Chote, I wish to have the one from KK Designers and boutiques.

Arnav understood and said- No worries, Di, you can take your card, I will fill up the amount as you need in it.

Anjali- Thank you Chote! Thank you so much! You are the best.

Manorma- Anjali Bitiya, I will also go along with you.

Anjali- Sure Mami.

No one noticed when Arnav left the dining hall. 

This was one of the most common occurrences in Raizada Mansion.