29. Khushi, will you marry me?

At Raizada Mansion,

8:30 P.M.

Mami- I don't know where Arnav bitwa has gone. It's been 3 hours now..

Mama- Do not worry Manorama! Arnav is sensible, he would return once he is calm and Akash has also gone, right?

Mami- He called Akash and asked him to come and this is not his way when he is stressed. He would not open the door of his room to let someone in and this Akash, he also is not picking up my phone. Let him come, I will not leave him. He carries a phone worth 80000 but will not pick up the call 8 times for me to ask him for 8 seconds.

Mama- Okay, okay calm down, everything will be alright.. you do not worry okay, they will be back soon...

Anjali , Shyam and Nani are sitting beside them but are lost in their thoughts and the Doorbell rings....

As Arnav and Khushi arrived at the Raizada Mansion, the tension in the air was palpable. As soon as the door opened, HP's eyes widened in shock at the sight of Arnav and Khushi adorned with garlands.

Mami, sensing something amiss, hurried to the door, her heart pounding with anxiety. She reached Arnav in a flurry of emotions, enveloping him in a tight embrace.

Mami: (frantically) Arnav bitwa, what happened? Are you alright? Why did you leave like that?

Arnav returned Mami's hug, gently rubbing her back in an attempt to calm her down.

Arnav: (reassuringly) I'm fine, Mami. I just needed some fresh air. Everything is alright now.

As Mami turned to look at Arnav, her eyes fell upon the garlands adorning him and Khushi. A flood of emotions washed over her, tears welling up in her eyes.

Mami: (tearfully) Arnav bitwa, what is this? Why are you both wearing garlands?

Arnav took a deep breath, bracing himself for the inevitable questions and reactions that would follow.

As the rest of the family gathered around, their expressions a mix of shock, confusion, and curiosity, the questions came pouring out in a torrential cascade.

Mama: (bewildered) Arnav, Khushi, what is the meaning of this?

Nani: (sternly) Yes, what is the reason behind this sudden marriage?

Anjali: (accusatorily) Arnav, have you lost your senses? How could you make such a rash decision?

Shyam: (sneeringly) I always knew this girl would bring nothing but trouble to our family.

Arnav's patience snapped at the barrage of accusations and insinuations.

Arnav: (shouting) ENOUGH!

His voice reverberated through the room, silencing the chaotic clamor. With a steely gaze, he addressed his family.

Arnav: (firmly) This is my decision, and I won't tolerate any more questions or doubts. Khushi is my wife, and she will be treated with respect and dignity in this house.

His words hung heavy in the air, commanding attention and respect. The family members, taken aback by Arnav's sudden outburst, fell silent, their eyes reflecting a mixture of shock and apprehension.

As the tension eased in the room, Mama and Mami exchanged glances, their eyes reflecting a mixture of surprise and happiness.

With those words, Mami hurried inside, leaving everyone puzzled by her sudden departure. Moments later, she reappeared with an Aarti ki thaali in her hands, her expression soft yet determined.

Mami: (addressing Arnav and Khushi) Raizada parivaar ki badi bahu ka Swagat tareeke se hone chahiye. (The welcome of the eldest daughter-in-law of the Raizada family should be done properly.)

With reverence, she performed the Aarti of the newlyweds, her eyes shining with pride and affection. Then, she hugged Arnav tightly, followed by Khushi, her heart overflowing with joy.

Mami: (tearfully) Arnav bitwa, Khushi bitiya, humein tum dono par naaz hai. (Arnav, Khushi, we are proud of both of you.)

Mami: (playfully) Oh Akash ke papa, hum SaaS ban Gaye. (Oh, Akash's dad, I've become a mother-in-law.)

Her lighthearted remark broke the tension in the room, eliciting laughter from Arnav, Akash, Aman, and even Khushi, who wiped away tears of happiness.

Mama stepped forward, his eyes brimming with emotion, and blessed the newlyweds.

Mama: (solemnly) May the divine blessings always be with you both.

With that, he declared that further discussions could wait until the next day, as it was already late. He arranged for dinner to be served in everyone's rooms, ensuring that the evening ended on a peaceful note.

Anjali's POV-

Anjali stood apart from the rest of the family, her expression a mask of suppressed fury and disappointment. She watched the scene unfold with a mixture of disbelief and resentment, her mind racing with thoughts of thwarted plans and shattered ambitions. Behind her composed facade, a storm brewed, fueled by the realization that her carefully laid schemes had been derailed by Arnav's impulsive actions. As Mama and Mami blessed the newlyweds, Anjali's lips formed a thin line, her eyes betraying a simmering resentment that threatened to boil over at any moment. In that moment, amidst the joyous celebration, Anjali's heart burned with the fire of unfulfilled desires and thwarted ambitions.

Hanjii!! Hogaya na unexpected!!
Let us bless our newly weds with loads and loads of votes and  comments and makes the story reach masses ❤️