17. Nostalgic

Arnav whispers- Vrindavanam

Khushi- Come Arnav

Khushi holds Arnav's hand and rings the bell.

Smita Aunty ( the nanny and caretaker of Khushi's Family )- She opens the door.- Khushi Baby, aa gayi aap..

Khushi- Smits, your Khushi Baby is back.

Arnav is a bit shocked or say confused.

Khushi- See Smits, who has come.

Smita Aunty- She gasps and covers her mouth. Is he Arnav Baba?

Khushi nods her head with tears in her eyes.

Smita Aunty also smiles with tears in her eyes. And suddenly remembers and ask them to come in the house.

On entering, Khushi shouts out loud, Maa-Papa, Chhoti Ma- Chhoti PA, Bhaiii... kahan ho aap sab..

Everybody comes out and witness the beautiful scene of their Gudiya back in the house after a year and she has returned with their son and now son-in-law to be.

Siya Malhotra- Khushi's Mumma
Raj Malhotra- Khushi's Papa
Divya Malhotra- Khushi's Chhoti Ma
Viren Malhotra- Khushi's Chhote Papa
Abhinav Malhotra (Abhi)- Khushi's Brother, son of Divya and Viren.
Aashna and Ahaan Kapoor- Divya's brother and sister in law. Have a past with Arnav.

Siya- Gudiya, aa gayi meri Pari.
Everybody are out of their slumber of dreams and react. They cover Khushi and hug her to their hearts' content.

The fathers are almost jumping on seeing their Baby girl back and dressed up so beautifully as a mature lass ready to brighten the world.

And the brother so wishes to hide his Baby girl in his embrace and not let her out in cruel world but could he do it, of course not.
How could he forget that this girl is not just a pampered girl but also strong and courageous, valerous as Rani Lakshmi Bai.
But, this brother has also pledged that he would be his sister's support and not hinder her from flying, always ready to catch her, when needed.

The mommy's were also shedding tears of joy that now their lovely daughter is back to shine their world with her antics. They would also be sure to Pamper and now not let her leave their nest...

But being mothers how could they forget their other child. They left the big family hug and advanced towards the flabbergasted Arnav.

Arnav was bemused, flabbergasted to say the least, witnessing with his own eyes, the Malhotra's, Raj and Viren Malhotra,  India's No. 1 Businessman,  Abhimanyu Malhotra,  the rising Business tycoon.

And then Siya and Divya Malhotra, the social workers who run the NGO- The Sunshine ~ Bringing warmth into lives of the Destitute.

He in his dreams would have never thought that his Khushi is the daughter of the business tycoons.

Is he shocked? YES, BUT A VERY GOOD SHOCK to say the least. His dream to meet The Raj Malhotra and the family is fulfilled.

He feels a touch on his cheek and someone holds his one hand. He looks and finds Khushi's Ma and her Chhoti Ma, one cupping his face and the other tightening her hold on his hand. He feels an unknown warmth spread into his being just like when his granny and Papa used to pamper him. He unknowingly leans into the touch.

Khushi and others witness this scene and get lost in it. After some time, Khushi steps towards Arnav and keeps her hand on his shoulder. This brings him to his senses.

He looks at Khushi and then at others.

The Malhotra's standing together and welcomed him with- Welcome to Vrindavanam Arnav!!!

Arnav was silently taking everything in. They brought Khushi and Arnav inside and made them seated.
Smita Aunty had by now prepared the beverages for all.
She served them all keeping in mind their preferences. Arnav was about to deny thinking of his diabetes but not wanting to sound bad he took the glass offered by Smita Aunty.

He took the sip and was again speechless. It was sugar free and also the taste was what he has been craving since ages. Some known yet unknown memories brimmed his mind.

He looks towards Smita and then others and found them looking at him. He suddenly felt conscious and straightened his body, almost like ready to start parade in military ground.

Raj and Viren chuckled, the mommy's were passing soft smiles while Abhinav was controlling himself from laughing out loud.

Arnav took everything on and like a little child bent his head down.
Khushi when witnessed this stood up and embraced him. Arnav returned this embrace.

Khushi- Aru..

Arnav- hmm ( Tightening his hold )

Khushi- is everything okay?

Arnav- it feels different here, emotions as if I have come back Here..

Everyone is shocked to hear this and felt their eyes watering.

Khushi- what is different Aru? You have just returned here..

Siya comes and takes Arnav in her embrace. - Arnav, Mera bachha, what happened? This is not different baby. You have just returned to your home, your cookies' place. Remember your cookie and the crocodile, your friend...

Arnav looks at her face and whispers with innocence in his eyes and pain in his voice- Cookie...crocodile...my cookie and crocodile..

Siya- yes Aru. And I am your 'cookies mom' Remember us?

Raj- And me- Cookies Dad?

Viren- Cookies Chachu?

Divya- and me your cookies chachi?

Arnav- and my..my bua?

Divya cries out loud and rush towards Arnav and they hug each other.

Divya- say again Aru?

Arnav- bua..

Divya hugs arnav tightly. She kisses his face madly and Tightening her hugs.

After a few moment, they come out of hug, Divya composes herself.

Arnav turns towards Siya- Cookies Mom. She nods.

Raj- Cookies Dad. He nods.

Viren- Cookies Chachu. He nods.

Divya- Cookies Chachi and my Bua. She nods.

Finally he turns towards Khushi- My Cookie.. My cookie and hugs her. Then he turns his eyes towards Abhi- hey,  crocodile!!

Everybody falls into pits of laughter with tears streaming their eyes.

Arnav- It has been a long time.. A very long time. I missed you all. I missed you. I never thought that I would meet you all again and never imagined that my Khush is my cookie..

Raj- he steps forward and pats his back- it is good that you're back. We missed you too as well. Our celebrations, outings were incomplete without our Kuku's Laadgovernor.

Everybody laughs at the name Khushi had given arnav when he was a kid and  would not agree with Khushi..

Khushi turns a shade of red while Arnav scratches his brow.