Asher talks to Samuel.

Elijah is waiting in the hallway in a chair. His insides feel shaky. He is still so angry at Lucas. He just sits and waits. Meanwhile, Samuel and Asher are talking in his office. Samuel(S) and Asher(A). 

(S) So, tell me what happened.

(A) What do you want to know first?

(S) That is your call. You explain it to me the best you can. Take your time and try to remain calm. This is a safe space. 

(A) I am upset with Lucas. He spanked me this morning. They let Liam punch Maverick. He called me a faggot. I forgave him though. He earned my trust. All I did was pour water on Liam. Then I crawled out the window and knocked on the door. It made Lucas mad. He pulled me over his knee in front of everyone. I know they have seen me exposed, but it was humiliating. Elijah pulled Luke into his bedroom to spank him when all the boys were over. Lucas did not care though. He spanked my bare bottom in front of everyone. 

(S) How is your body feeling? Crawling out a window is not a good idea. 

(A) I know, I made a mistake. My ribs are still burning. I wanted to tell Elijah, but I was afraid he would be mad. 

(S) Have you taken pain medicine this morning?

(A) No not yet. I think Elijah gave me the wrong one. It made me sleepy, and I took a nap. 

(S) I have some medicine here I can give you. 

Samuel gets up and unlocks a cabinet. He pulls out a pill and goes and grabs a water. Asher takes the medicine. 

(S) It will not take effect as soon as the liquid will. It will help though. It may make you sleepy. 

(A) Thank you.

(S) You're welcome. Lucas was not trying to hurt you. I think you frightened him. They are going to be scared as well sometimes. This is new to them. They have never taken care of a younger person before. You are fragile right now and they see you as their baby now. That is no excuse for what he did. I do not condone what he did, and I will defend that position to Elijah.  You need to sit down and talk with him when you are ready. I will speak with Elijah. They need to watch for your triggers. 

(A) Ok. 

(S) Tell me about the cutting. What brought that on?

(A) It helps with the emotional pain and the pain inside my head.  

(S) Ok, can you elaborate on that?

(A) Elijah was being mean. He had three medicines. I did not want to take them. I agreed to take the medicine. I just needed time to take them all. He was rushing me to take all of them at once. He then threated to hold me down and force it down my throat. It really scared me. My dad always forced me to do things. I do not want it to be like that here. I thought everything was going to change. I got scared. I took my razor I brought and cut twice on both sides. It was not deep, but it helped with the pain. 

(S) I understand. I do not want you to do that anymore. Can you promise me that? 

(A) Yes sir. 

(S) Good, I am not going to prescribe any medicine right now. I want you to just try and talk to someone and relax when you are feeling overwhelmed. I will keep prescribing the liquid medicine to help sleep and for nightmares. Does that work well for you?

(A) Yes sir. It makes me sleep well and I don't have bad dreams. 

(S) That is good to hear. I am glad it is helping. How has everything else been? 

(A) It is ok. I am still nervous about them seeing me naked and helping me shower. Elijah showered with me, and it made me feel weird. 

(S) Can I ask why?