35. Siara

When I open my eyes , I find daksh nowhere around as usual . After getting ready,  I go down the stairs.  My papa is in his office as usual and mumma is in the kitchen . I go to her finding that she's angry . Super duper angry.

"good morning baby , can you pass me that jar" she points to a glass container." I made food for Daksh, just take a driver and give these to kainat . Also, go check up on him and sit with him for a while . Apologize on my behalf. I'll say sorry to kiaan and ishani for ruining their dinner party . "

"Mumma , mumma relax" I hug her arm and she sighs caressing my head .

"I'll go to aunt kainat and will apologize on our behalf, I promise"

"Thanks hon" she utters and instantly the door to papa's office room opens revealing him . As soon as mumma sees him she goes back to cooking .

"Shru , I'm sorry don't do that"

"Go to hell Shiv" she bends to put something in the drawer and then storms out of there . Papa clenches his jaw before wiping the imaginary sweat from his face .

I pick up the boxes that I need to take to Daksh's house and put them inside bags . I want to make myself forget whatever Aunt kainat said about dad but somewhere mom's behavior shows she wasn't wrong . I can't ask uncle kavish but uncle kiaan might tell me the true story as well.  However I'm scared of him .

"Sunshine, you too think I'd ruin a friend's life ?"

"You won't papa , but your protectiveness---"

His expressions fall "I thought Devansh would understand and go back to her"

"An abusive man papa ? What would you have done had it been me ?"

He squeezes his eyes "I'd probably murder him with bare hands but kavish was no better. It's not because they were mafias Sia , I've sided with Archit and Zain but Kavish wasn't like them"

"Uncle kavish is such a good person papa . He loves his sister like anything,  he ---"

"I know Sunshine , trust me I know all that"

"And no matter what papa" I step forward " I'm sorry, your had no rights to control her life . She could love whom she loved and she could be with whom she wanted to"

He looks at me for a moment before  realization hits him .

"Did I do that to you too?"

"No, I'm your daughter and you have all sorts of rights on me ."

He pulls me into a hug and I control my tears "when I said no,  you agreed to it papa . You gave me all options . All options except---- except Daksh "

"Because I know what that boy has been through and what he can do for someone he wants"

I raise my head , papa knows Daksh more than anyone else and only he can tell me what I need to know.

"Please tell me , I request you Papa. My life depends on it" my voice breaks and he nods kissing my head . I follow him into his office .

He shifts some books from the shelf and takes out an envelope .

"These are his reports that kavish didn't --- want to receive because of kainat's mental health . So I kept them here . When I brought him to the hospital , he was traumatized and most of all very weak . He told me what had happened there from the day of kidnap till the third day when I found him"

I sit on a chair and open the yellow envelope . There are x-rays , certain ECG reports and prescriptions along with other reports .

"He has a weak heart " I gasp with a pounding in my heart while going through the reports which say that on the date of his examination , the doctors found that he had been under a risk of heart failure because of repetitive electric shocks , his body was weak after starving for three complete days and he had some bad injuries including burns after electric shocks .

"The doctor told me what he had found out but my main concern was that child's mental health . While others were trying to keep the Raghuvanshis sane , I was most anxious about the only Heir of solankis . He , a six year old child was amidst the most dreadful feeling of all which was guilt. I never want to put him through anything like that again . He needs to understand his obsession with you is bad for his heart"

"What was he guilty about papa?"

"He thought not being able to save Reyansh was his fault . He was the worst to have returned home safe when the other boy was nowhere to be seen . His family was broken and dying"

I hold the documents close to my chest feeling a very bad ache . "What had actually happened papa ?"

He sighs walking behind his chair "Sunshine , kiaan has a lot of enemies and when he married Ishani, he was most apprehended about that . He knew his rivals would want to ruin him through her but that was certainly not the case because she herself had been raised in a mafia family.   Kiaan Raghuvanshi is no common man , he was very well able to keep his wife safe . Everyone was against it but he made his son capable to fighting , survival and a sharp minded boy so that he could keep himself safe in circumstances like those , what kiaan anticipated the most but nobody knew when the day would come , not only Reyansh but Daksh will also come under the flames."

"Kiaan uncle's rivals kidnapped them?"

Papa nods " Italians , they were behind Kiaan's son so they never took daksh"

"They never took him ?"

"But his sufferings Sunshine " He walks to the front with dejection across his forhead "were no less than Reyansh's . That day , I was in the middle of an important meeting at night when my secretary walked in . He whispered that Shru needed me . I thought it was another anxiety attack.  My mind got numb on the thought but I was hoping for positive" he settles on his chair lost in the thoughts of that day . I was a baby of hardly two so I can't remember a single thing. I wish I was there with my family or Reyansh and Daksh's family. 

"On my way I got a call that everyone was at the Solanki house . So I told my driver the same . Eventually my mind was running through various possibilities.  Reyansh had done something? Daksh was unwell ? Daksh did something at school ? But once I stepped inside the Mansion. I could see everyone's faces . The girls crying while the guys busy with their phones screaming and restless.  I looked for your mom and she was breathing so heavily . Sitting on the couch in front of her, I  held her hand . She looked into my eyes with her teary ones and said both the boys were missing . What do you mean missing ? was my anxious reply . On my left kainat was crying while kavish was yelling at the police comminoner . For the first time I heard Ishani cry so bad .  I remember it word to word .kiaan bring him backI swear I'll die without him please , please bring him back , she begged her husband and broke in tears . Kiaan stormed out of the house while Archit and Abhimanyu followed him . I hugged shru and told her I'll do my best . So I got up and used some of my political influence . I got a search party and took them to the school . It took us almost two complete days to search the whole town and at last , we got a forest team , some policemen , some of kiaan's team members to search the dense forest ."

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□