22

i'm not sure if i talked to beyoncé yesterday or not. something's telling me i was dreaming but at the same time it felt so real. i remember her making me say i loved her....but the rest feels fake. i don't know.

but i do know that i'm tired. i left paris...so that means i have to continue things back here. it's gonna be harder meaning i'll be working more. shit, i left the place where everything was. now i'm trying not to make it seem like coming back was a problem. it was...but i don't need it to be noticed.

it's 5am and i'm about to head to my building. i have to get things ready so when these models come i can get right to it. when i told these people it would all be okay if i came back, i really lied. i'm beyond exhausted. like i could fall out if i closed my eyes long enough.

trying not to take too long blinks. behind the wheel for sure. zoning out while driving is already something i do so yea. and i drive pretty fast.

once i was dressed i grabbed my bag leaving the hotel. my bag with everything i need inside. from the change of clothes to my computers. cameras are already at the building so that's nothing to worry about. i just pray that these models are prepared.

when i got back yesterday i went straight to the building meeting the others. had to speak with the models as well as some of their agents. it's not as easy as it seems when running everything on your own. actually the worst thing ever.

but i don't too much trust people to do things the way i would want. at some point i'm gonna have to find assistants and workers to be able to take loads when i can't. i'm getting old, shit. i am old.

when i got there i moved quick to do this. setting up, making sure everything was in place. then i took a deep breath seeing i was finished and still had an hour.

so i went inside my office and kicked my feet up in the chair. closing my eyes. a small nap until it's time wouldn't hurt.

"fuck!" i jumped up at the sound of my phone ringing. didn't bother to check it, just flew out and to the front. when i saw the models i sighed heavily. "hey. hey, sorry about that."

"hi. we just walked it, the door was unlocked."

"great. that's great."

"why are you in such a rush?" the girl chuckled and i scrunched my face some. i looked her over to see she was still in her stuff as if she'd just arrived. oh. am i tripping?

i thought i'd overslept.

"you're just getting here?"

"yea. we literally just walked through the door. this is such a nice set up, i adore it."

"thank you. as i showed you yesterday, the outfits are over there. you all can start with the first one, they're numbered in order."

once i saw them go in the right direction i went to get my phone out the office. it was actually beyoncé calling me like that. i pressed to call her back in case it was an emergency.

"hello?"

"onika. where are you?"

"at work. what's going on?"

"why'd you stay at a hotel?"

"because we're still on break beyoncé, nothing changed but my location." i sighed sitting at the chair. running my hands through my scalp, pushing the hairs that were once my ponytail, back. "please don't start making this harder alright? you're not the only one that's stressed right now, i feel like i'm about to pass out from lack of rest. it's one of those working moments bey, you have to work with me. i worked with you by coming back as you asked. please...all i ask for is slack."