43

i was watching onika as she moved around the room all sluggishly. she had my attention so bad because why is she moving like that? everything else seems normal but slower. it confused me. made me think of when she was on those pills.

"onika."

"mm?"

"what's wrong?"

"i'm so tired."

"well come lay down." i scrunched my face. she better not start that staying up all night stuff to work. i'll shut the wifi off on her.

"i have to go somewhere really quick. then i need to go to my building and switch out these cameras for kam."

"i'm going with you." i got out the bed. with the way she's moving, i don't want her going alone anywhere. she'll make me so damn paranoid. she already do that on a regular.

grabbing a simple two piece out my dresser, i went to the bathroom to get ready. she already was. by time i finished she was sitting on the bed like she was waiting on me.

"what's that?" i pointed to the extra bag she had. that's her crossbody for her weed. why is she bringing it with her?

"you know what it is mama, come on."

"are you about to smoke?"

"yep. and i'm going to my dealer. you still wanna go?"

"yes."

she nodded her head for me to come on so i followed her out. i wanna see who her dealer is anyways. she's always having weed and i never know how for real.

getting in her car i put my seatbelt on making sure to sit back. it's been a minute since i've rode with her reckless ass.

"seatbelt." i thumped her neck. why would she try to drive off without it on? the hell. i've told her about doing that. she put it on, cranking the car before zooming off.

"can you get that blunt out of here?" she put that bag in my lap and i got it out for her. it was fat and long making me scrunch my face. "thank you. my lighter too. do you want me to let the windows down mama?"

"please."

"if you don't want me to smoke with you in the car, just tell me and i won't."

"it's okay, i don't care."

she lit it and let the windows down some, not too far. i watched her smoke and drive at the same time. holding the blunt with her lips, hands on the wheel while puffing. how is she doing that without her hands?

finally she took it out, blowing out all that smoke. i can't imagine how her lungs look right now. lord please bless my baby.

i expected us to be going somewhere in the hood for her weed but instead we were at a huge house. wow. weed man living like this?

"what's this?"

"stay in the car. do not let your window down."

"why?"

"cause i don't want nobody seeing you. i'll hate to have to beat some ass. be right back."

"no. i'm not staying in this damn car. i don't know this neighborhood."

she huffed rolling her eyes and cut the car off. i got out right behind her, following her up to the door. it took a little minute, she was still smoking as we stood there. did i marry a thug?

soon the door opened to a woman. she was skinny, brown skin and had pretty eyes. that's the first thing that caught my attention. how pretty.

this better not be the dealer....