Chapter 5: Rearview Mirror

|I grab it and I blow my nose with all the passion I have.|

Once I completely freed my nostrils I glance at Minho, who had his mouth slightly open

<I gave it to you for the tears but if that's what you needed it for...> He says, his tone is kinda pissed.

I shrug my shoulders not caring about what he thinks. I fold the now dirty handkerchief.

<You want it back?> I sarcastically ask him, waving the handkerchief in his direction.

<Oh no god, you can keep it. But don't consider it a gift. It's like I threw it away and you happened to be the trash can> He says, with a serious look.

Okay, that made me embarrassed. I try to act like it didn't affect me but its hard. I turn my head back to the front and I hear him scoffing.

There is a moment of silence in the room. It was nice until he starts to repeatedly tap his not-anymore-white shoe on the floor. That irritates me.

<Can you please... stop it?> I burst, turning my head to face his far desk.

<Stop what?> He asks, acting dumb as he accentuates more the tapping with his shoe.

<Stop tapping your shoe like that.> I say, pointing at his feet.

<Why?> He asks, leaning back on his chair.

<Because it's annoying> I swear I feel like I'm talking to a toddler.

<And? I don't care if it annoys you. Your presence also annoys me but it's not like I can throw you out of the window> He grins but his gaze is acid-like.

I roll my eyes. It's impossibile to converse with him. I look at the clock and I see that it's almost 4:00 pm. I realise that I don't know when detention ends yet.

<Listen, when can I leave?> I ask, in a distant way.

<The supervisor told me we could leave when he comes back> He simply answers bringing his shoes on the desk again.

Very useful I must say.

<And when does he come back?> I ask, crossing my arms. I can't bear staying with him any longer.

<I don't know, I told him that Mr. Park would like to talk to him once he finished preparing for tomorrow's lesson. I told him to wait for him outside the classroom because Mr. Park hates being interrupted while working> He explains and he crosses his arms too.

<So you think he is still waiting outside a classroom because he is convinced that Mr. Park is inside it.> I repeat, skeptical that the supervisor believed what Minho said.

<You know, I'm surprised too that it worked. So I didn't really think of how I could do to bring him back here.> He says, shrugging.

<What if we leave before he comes back?> I ask, massaging my forehead.