Chapter 20: Born Mean

|Today, I expected everything except finding myself laughing out loud with Minho, covered in mud.|

From laughing, I slam my hand on the ground several times

From laughing, I slam my hand on the ground several times. It felt like liberating laughter, I really needed that.

After a while we both stop and Minho wipes away a tears from his dirty face.

<No way, you're even tearing up!> I make fun of him.

<Shut up, speak for yourself> He says, in a playful tone.

The rain is still pouring on us but we don't care. We stare at each other in silence, sitting in the mud of the courtyard of the villa.

<You know, for a moment I almost forgot what kind of bitch you are> I say, once calmed by the loud laughter.

Minho chuckles but then quickly acts offended.

<Why do you think I was laughing? You look terrible!> He mocks me, still giggling.

I gasp, faking to be upset about it.

<How dare you!> I say and I grab some mud and throw it straight at his chest.

Minho opens his mouth in disbelief.

<You'd better run> He then mutters, with a evil smirk.

I widen my eyes and I quickly stand up when I see him gather a ball of mud.

I start to run but I am immediately hit by flying mud on the head, knocking me back to the ground.

I was about to get up but then I get an idea. I evilly giggle and I start to act as if I'm hurt.

I hold my knee in my hands, whining on the grass.

<Eunbi?> I hear Minho's voice getting closer. I then see him kneeling down next to me.

<Are you hurt?> He asks with a slightly worried voice.

I nod, pouting.

<Really? Better this way, I'll only dirty one seat in my car.> Minho says and his face morphs into a smirk.

<I'm leaving you here> He says, standing up and walking towards his SUV.

I widen my eyes and I quickly stand up, running to him.
I stop him and I turn him around to face me.
He is still smirking and then his gaze lowers to my knee, who is looking very healthy.

Minho looks at me, expecting me to say something.

<Ya... I hurt less than it seemed... Don't leave me here> I beg him and he lifts up his head.

<Say please> Minho just says, crossing his arms.

I can't believe he is always so cocky.
I roll my eyes.

<Please?> I mutter, annoyed.

<What? I can't hear it> He teases me, leaning closer with his ear, pretending not to hear.