Chapter 17: Loyality

|<I was afraid of losing the person who was able to completely steal my heart the first day I met her>|

I feel like time has stopped. Maybe my hearing is playing bad jokes on me.

I hear my heartbeat pounding getting more intense and faster. It's the only thing that I can hear right now.

I've never received a confession.
Is this a confession, tho?

If I had a mirror in front of myself right now, I'm sure I'd see myself red like a tomato.

But in front of me right now there is only Hyunjin, staring at my eyes. His gaze is piercing and penetrating.
He then sighs.

<If you don't feel the same it's okay. We can stay friends> Hyunjin says, as if he considered my silence as a rejection.

But I instinctively stand up. I don't know why, but I felt like I needed my whole body to say what I was about to.

He looks at me a bit confused.
<No. I'm not sure about my feelings but... we can try if we take things slow.> I say and I can feel my cheeks heat up. I also start to wonder if they really caught fire.

Hyunjin's eyes widen open. His eyes are now sparkling with happiness.
A huge smile forms on his lips and he stands up too.

I smile back at him. I don't know if this is what I want but trying won't hurt. Hyunjin seems like a nice and caring guy. Who knows, maybe it'll work out between us.

We stare at each other, smiling illuminated by the sunset.

<Of course. We can take it as slow as you want.> He softly says, his smile not even willing to leave his lips.

Hyunjin steps closer to me, bringing his hand up to mine and holding it. His hand is warm and smooth.

<Can I tell the others? I can't wait to let everybody know that I'm your boyfriend> He asks my permission, like an excited child.

I chuckle and I nod. It feels weird thinking that now he is my boyfriend. It doesn't feel real.

I would have never expected to start dating someone on my third of school, for sure.

But life is full of surprises.

<Why don't you come to dinner at my house? I'll invite the others too> Hyunjin asks me, his hand not leaving mine.

<Okay, let me text my mother> I say, using my free hand to grab the phone. Unlocking it, I notice that the Instegram notification about Hyunjin following me is still there. Oh right, I haven't still followed him back.

I do it right away and I also remember about the gift I made for him.

<Oh, wait a second> I say, slowly slipping my hand off of his. I open my backpack and I pull out his drawing.