Chapter 32: Eyes On Me

|But my heart sank when he just ignores me, walking past me to get his water bottle.|

Oh

Oh... he didn't just mean not to talk to him but actually pretend that we don't know each other.

This hurts. I know that it's because I still haven't made up my mind but I'm scared.

I clear my throat and I reach Yeji.
A few minutes later, our professor enters the gym.

<Sorry students, I had a setback. Let's start!> The woman exclaims. She is very tall and muscular, and her hair is short and curly.

<She is Miss Jung anyway. She is very energetic and bright but it's better not to make her nervous. She has the same energy even when she gets angry.> Yeji explains to me and I nod. Our classmates line up and we stop next to Felix.

<So, today I decided to combine our lesson with that of the other class here. I know they are two years ahead but this will help you understand that you won't always find yourself adversaries of the same level as you. Today, you will run 200m as couples.> Miss Jung explains but I'm a bit confused.

Like, what does she mean about running 200m in couples.

A classmate of mine asks the same question and she smiles.

<Since it wouldn't be fair, I'll pair each one of you with the other class. You need to find your synchronisation and harmony to run without falling.> The teacher proudly announces and I don't know how to feel about this.

<Let's not waste any more time and let's get started! Go reach the other class> Miss Jung says and we obey.

Some of my classmates are complaining about this but I kinda hope to get paired with Minho. It's going to be a chance to clear up.

We line up again and the two P.E. teachers are talking. Probably choosing the pairs.

In front of me is standing Hyunjin. I'm happy to see that he is doing well. He is chatting with Han and Bangchan.

Then Han notices me and turns his face to me.

<Oh hi Eunbi!> He waves at me and I do the same. Doing so, both Bangchan and Hyunjin turn to look at me.

Bangchan smiles and greets me while Hyunjin just sighs and waves at me.

I miss our friendship a lot. The situation between me and Hyunjin is exactly why I don't know what to do with Minho.

Then, the teachers clap their hands to attire our attention.

<Okay, we have decided on the pairs. We tried to make them as fair as possible but regardless of that, you will have to put your maximum effort into it. Now Miss Jung will announce the pairs.> The other professor explains and we all nod.

<So, Hwang Yeji with Kim Seungmin...> Our teacher starts to say and I look forward to hearing my name.

After hearing all the names, she finally says mine.