Chapter 15: Cherry Tree

|But when I close the locker, it reveals Minho, who was leaning next to it.|

I flinch and I close my mouth to not scream

I flinch and I close my mouth to not scream. I also let the gifts fall on the ground by accident.

<Damn, Minho! You scared me!> I raise my voice at him but he stays impassive.

<Tch... you're such of a scaredy cat> He mocks me, then his eyes land on the bags and on the flipped drawing of Hyunjin.

He squats down and flips the sheet of paper to see the drawing.

I also bend down on my knees to grab the plastic bags.

Minho stares at the drawing in silence.

<Did you do it?> He says, lifting his gaze to me. He then stands up and I do the same.

<Yes, why? Are you gonna say that it's ugly?> I acidly ask, crossing my arms.

<No. It's oddly good. Is this a gift for him?>
Minho calmy asks again, handing me the drawing.

Confused of his unexpected behaviour, I take it.

<Yes. He helped me a lot during these days> I say, not softening my voice.

Minho nods and then leans on the lockers again, slipping his hands in his pockets. He looks up and I can't help but observe his sharp Adam's apple.

His uniform sleeves are rolled up to the elbow, revealing his veiny arms.

<Do you want a photo? You can stare at it longer> Minho teases me, catching me staring at him.

I immediately act disgusted but I end up blushing anyway.
I hate him, but why is it so easy for him to make me flustered?

<No, ew. I zoned out because I want to join my friends in the canteen as soon as possible. You know, these gifts are for them.> I explain lifting the bags and the sheet at him, it's not a complete lie tho.

<Sure. Then what's stopping you from going now?> He asks with an annoying smirk. He turns his head to me.

<I don't know, I thought you had something to say since you appeared behind my locker> I say, pointing at me locker.

<I was just wandering around the hallways and I saw you. I thought it would have been funny to scare you. I did it so you are free to go.> Minho explains, motioning me to walk away.

I twitch my face, confused.
So he just wanted to scare me.
Such a gentleman.

I scoff and I turn around to head to the canteen.
Isn't he going to eat too?
I look back to check Minho and I see him walking behind me.

I frown and I speed up my steps.

<You can calm down. I' not going to kidnap you. It's just that this is the only way to the canteen. The world doesn't revolve around you> I hear him speaking behind me.