Chapter 33: Dare

|<Eyes on me as I speak> He speaks, with his damn deep voice.|

I widen my eyes

I widen my eyes. What is happening? What should I expect to happen?

After a second of intensive staring, I feel the ice pack sliding down from my hand and falling on the floor.

The noise awakens me and I flinch.

<Oh> I just say and I try to step down the nurse cot, making me space between Minho and the mattress.

But when I was about to bend down to get the ice pack, Minho's firm hands lifts me grabbing my thighs and he places me back on the bed, this time his face is closer than before.

<Nuh-uh> He humms mischievously.

My face flushes red and my heartbeat becomes unstable.

<So, was that true?> Minho then asks, whispering against my heated cheek.

His hands are still fixated on my thighs and I assume they'll stay that way for a while.

I gulp before speaking.
<What?> I ask, finding it hard to breathe with him so close.

<That you like me> Minho smiles more after saying this. His hands slowly travel up to my hips and I shiver to his heavenly touch.

Even though the fabric of the suit separates his hand from my skin, it's enough to make me vulnerable to him.

<No...> I mutter, looking down.
Minho quickly frowns and I feel his hands stiffen up on my waist.

<Now that I think about it...> I continue to say, in an uncertain and quiet tone. I don't want to look at his eyes because I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to say what I want to say.

<Minho> I whisper his name, with a hint of a smile. I then raise my head to look at him.

I feel a bit guilty, seeing his confused and disappointed face. But he has to trust the process.

<Mh?> He lowly humms, leaning back a little.

This time, it's me who grabs the collar of his sweatshirt and bring him back close.

Using the same hand, I slide up to the back of his neck. I can see him getting even more confused and disoriented.

<I don't like you> I whisper and he sighs.

<You already said it> Minho mutters, looking down. His hands slolwy let go of my waist, but before he could completely pull away, I hug him.

I wrap my hands around his neck even tho my wrist hurts. But it's a pain worth bearing.

Minho's body is stiff and motionless.
I lean my mouth closer to his ear and I smile.

<I love you> I whisper, blushing because saying it, is very different from thinking it.