Chapter 22: Fever

|Yes, Minho. Of course.
As if something like that is forgettable.|

I stand, looking at the mirror trying to process everything that just happened

Why is my heart beating so fast?

I shake the thought off and I turn on the tap, washing my face.

I'm just tired, let's go to sleep.

I step out of the bathroom and I see Minho spread on the bed, with his eyes closed.

He is sleepy too.

I assume I gotta find the guest room by myself. But as I was about to leave, I notice Minho wrapping his arms around himself and curling up.

Is he cold? I hesitate before slowly approaching him.

His eyebrows are frowned and he has goose bumps on his arms.
I also notice a few drops of sweat on his forehead.

Wait... he isn't sick right?

I bit my lip nervously before carefully bringing my hand closer to his face. I move away a lock of hair from his forehead and I delicately place my hand on it.

He has fever. It must have been the rain.

Not knowing what to do, I just I lift the blanket and move it over him, covering him up to his neck.

I don't want to wake up Minho but I can't just leave him like this.
Although, I decide to go to sleep and pretend I did nothing.

<Good night> I whisper, even though I know he won't hear it.

After leaving, I open every door I see until I find a simply designed bedroom. It's clean and organised, with only a few essential furnitures.

I assume this is the guest room.

I carefully lift the blanket and I slip in. I was about to close my eyes when I realise that I haven't told my mother anything.

For all she knows, I may have been kidnapped. I grab my phone but I don't see any texts or calls from her.

I sigh, it's always been like this. She probably came back from work and immediately fell asleep. She works too hard just to maintain our family. I might have to find a job.

I text her anyway saying that I'm sleeping at Yeji's place. After that, I fall asleep.

//time skip to the middle of the night//

I suddenly wake up, I look at the time on my phone and it says it's 4:00 am.

I rub my eyes and I try to sleep again, failing. I hate when this happens. I usually wander around my house but I don't know if I can since I'm at Minho's.

Talking about Minho, is him fine? Should I go check on him?

No wait, why would I do that. Even though we are in decent terms right now, I can't forget what he has done to me these days.