07

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗Warnings: drinking, partying, mild cursing

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Warnings: drinking, partying, mild cursing.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Caleb Chartier

I walked over to the table. It was crowded but people had already gotten their drinks.

Suddenly I heard Grace's voice approaching. "CAL! I lost you!" she exclaimed, hopping over to me. She looked over at the table and raised a brow, a smirk appearing on her lips.

"You're really doing it, huh?" she asked.

I rolled my eyes and gave her a look, "you already know the answer."

"Which one do I choose?" I asked. There was a variety of drinks. I couldn't even pronounce the flavors.

Grace shrugged. "Depends. What do you want?"

I thought about it for a second. I just wanted something to get him off my mind. I came to my conclusion.

"The strongest one."

Grace laughed. "Funny joke! Now seriously, what do you really want?"

I gave her a bored look. "I told you the strongest one."

"Okay.. but don't regret it. I tried it once and the next day I couldn't get up."

I shrugged. "Whatever."

She reached for a drink and red plastic cup. Slowly but carefully, she poured it all the way. As soon as Grace was done she looked me up and down. "Since you're an alcohol virgin, let me know if you feel off or anything, okay? This will 100% get you drunk!"

I nodded and snatched the drink. "Ugh whatever!"

My lips touched the rim of the cup and cold liquid entered my mouth. It was a sharp— nasty taste but nonetheless, was kind of nice.   I felt it tickle my throat and burn my tastebuds. It was like flavored sparkling water.. but without the sparkles and nice taste.

I swear I could feel smoke coming out my ears with that one sip. Still, it got my mind off of Glint.

"Yuck." I gagged.

Grace giggled. "Take it easy!"

She watched me sip a couple of sips before frowning.

"..are you okay, Cal?" Grace asked. "You've been acting weird. N-not in a rude way or anything, but all of a sudden you want to go to a party and drink? And you haven't really been texting me as often either. It just feels like our friendship is a little one sided right now.."