17

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗Warnings: mild cursing

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Warnings: mild cursing.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Caleb Chartier

I gulped and looked at Franchis.

Slowly, I nodded. "I promise."

I didn't know exactly was I was promising to, but I knew it was big enough of a promise to make them help me. I didn't care what could or would inevitably happen, I just wanted to find out who Glint was. I wanted to track him down and report him to someone.

As soon as I answered, the atmosphere in the room immediately changed. Everyone wasn't very tense and looked oddly.. relieved? Why would they be relieved about me coming back? After everything they've said to me— the times they ignored me? I wasn't going to fall into their little sob trap. Sure, we may be related by blood but I wasn't going to turn out like any of them.

"..so what file?" Alia asked, gently putting her hand over mine. She was probably trying to comfort me after my outburst.

I slowly breathed in. "I need all the private school records." I said.

"Our school? DaVinci Academy?" Franchis spoke up, her voice catching everyone's attention.

I nodded, "yeah."

"What is this for?" Franchis asked.

"I need to find someone." I didn't want to say anymore than that but I let my tone tell them that it was important and that I really needed this.

"So you just need the files? That's it? Do you want records, information, or data?"

"Records and information. If you guys could try and find people who got transferred out, that'll make things easier." I said.

Franchis and everyone else nodded. "We can probably get Quinton and Jia to hack into the system. Alex will connect them to our own network and VPN."

"How long will it take?"

"Only a couple of hours— if everything goes well of course." Franchis paused for a moment. "And if.. and if we do this, will you really talk to us now?" she asked, hesitant and quiet. I gave her a strange look.

"I don't get it.. I thought you guys didn't want me around. Is this some sort of prank?" I asked, scoffing.

Franchis was quick to defend herself and everyone. "No! We— it's just.. you don't understand Caleb. We do want you around, but it's hard. I realized that everything we've said to you since middle school is complete shit and nonsense. We were in the wrong but you can't blame us.. it's like— it's like you became a totally different person."

This time, Harry, one of my brothers chimed in. His eyes bore into mine. "She's right. It was too difficult to talk to you and you only ever paid attention to us when you were angry. So, we prodded at you. And when that didn't work, we got angry. And you just completely shut us out. You didn't come down with us anymore, your grades fell and then you suddenly mention how you like boys."