24

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗Warnings: mild cursing

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Warnings: mild cursing.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Glint | AKA: Kane
The day before Caleb woke up.

One of my friends was hosting a party so I decided to come along. I had taken a quick look at Caleb's location and noticed that he was also here. It was weird— he never came to parties. I made sure to install a tracker inside his phone in case anything happened. It was also a good way to find him if I ever wanted to see his pretty face.

I trailed around the crowd of people for a single person— Caleb.

"Who are you looking for Kane?" one of the boys asked.

"No one." I replied.

Someone whistled. "Cold."

"That's Kane for you."

Gosh they were so fucking annoying. I hadn't even said anything dramatic or "cold." I simply replied. Of course, I heard about the rumors too and I have had girls confess to me. My only interest was Caleb Chartier. Nothing less and nothing more. I only care for his safety and his safety alone.

I scanned around the crowd of people again. This time, I spotted Caleb at the drink table with Sam next to him. They were chatting.

Something about Sam being with Caleb had always gotten me angry. But since Caleb looked like he enjoyed being with him, I couldn't do anything about it. His happiness is the only thing that matters. Still, it was pretty fucking annoying when that glasses dude laid his hands on him.

I kept my eyes trained on the both of them every second, watching every move and every twitch.

I had gotten used to constantly watching Caleb. My cameras were everywhere and wherever he was, I tried to be there too. Sometimes I'd hang pictures of him in my bedroom. There was a shit-ton of photos of him simply resting on my wall now. My parents noticed— my sister, Roselia, too.

They knew the real reason behind why that whole murder incident happened. They knew about Caleb and they knew how obsessed I was with him. Obsessed isn't the right word. It makes me sound like some sort of stalker. Which.. maybe I am.

My family had warned me. If anything goes wrong and I get exposed, they wouldn't be able to get me out of it. Sure, they could create me a new identity but it wasn't something they exactly "wanted."

"Bro what are you looking at? Get a drink or something and loosen up. You look like a fucking rock." one of the boys said. I gave him a glance and pushed him out of the way, disappearing into the sea of people. I couldn't stand watching Caleb and Sam talking to each other. Sam had already gotten on my nerves when he joined me and Caleb at the festival maze. I wanted it to be me and Caleb only.