21

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗Warnings: none

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Warnings: none.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Caleb Chartier

I walked to class with a flushed face and a bloody lip. I could still feel Kanes hands on my body.

I didn't know if it was the worst of best decision of my life.

"Caleb?" a familiar voice called out. Gracy.

"Grace!" I exclaimed, turning back to see her. She scowled at me.

"Sorry nevermind, ignore me." Grace said before whipping around and walking away. I chased after her.

"Where have you been?! You haven't replied to my texts or game to school. Did something happen?" I asked. Grace rolled her eyes and nudged me away from her. Why didn't she want to see me?

"Well maybe it's because you're a horrible friend. You were too busy making out with someone to even bother checking up on me." she said through gritted teeth. I froze. Did she see me and Kane?

Grace gave me a look up and down. "It's obvious. You're disheveled and your face is flushed." she said, pushing her curls back. Sighing, she approached me and patted my clothes down. Her hands ruffled through my hand and brushed through the tangles. "There. You're good now."

I blushed. "Thanks Gracy. And I'm really sorry. I know I messed up and have been horrible. I don't remember what you said to me at the party, but I really regret brushing you off and making you think that I don't care about you. The truth is, I really do care. I tried to do better by texting you and searching for you at school, but you didn't show up for like 2 weeks! I really just wanted to see you again and apologize. I want us to be friends, Gracy." I said, shamefully looking down at my feet.

"When you put it like that, it's almost like im the villain." Grace said.

"T-that's not what I meant—"

"It's a joke, Cal but.. thanks. It was stupid of me to disappear without saying anything to you." Grace said. "I saw your texts but I was too angry at you to answer them. I should've known that you wanted to apologize."

"But it was my fault, I should've made it clearer."

"Still, I think im also at fault. I didn't even tell Alisha and Damien anything either.." Grace sadly said.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"I had to visit my grandma since she was dying. She had a funeral service prepared and wanted me ro be with her in her last weeks." Grace responded. "Still, I had time to talk to you. I'm sorry, Cal."

"I'm sorry too." I said.

"..so who's the lucky boy?" Grace asked. I laughed.

"You do not want to know."

I sat on my bed and blankly stared at my wall. What did I just do?

I kissed him. I kissed a fucking murderer. What was wrong with me? It was like I wasn't thinking and like everything in my mind went blank. I remember feeling a sensation of need.

I'm a complete idiot.

The worst part was, I liked it. I kind of wished I could replay the moment again. If my siblings found out, I'd be dead. Kissing a rich murderer? Yup, I'd 100% be kicked out of the house and sent to a prison. My siblings saw the files. They would know who he was if I was ever caught with him. Why was I thinking of being with him anyway?!

There was something wrong with me. I liked how obsessed Kane was. Hearing him say it with his own words, it just made everything better. All my doubts about him were gone.

Sure, he was absolutely crazy and the things he's done just aren't right, but I liked Kane. I liked him to the point that I allowed him to kiss me.

I decided to go on my phone and text Grace. I wondered if she would respond after our conversation earlier.

You
Hi Gracy
Delivered

Luckily for me, she did. I finally had my best friend back.

Grace
HIIII
Read

You
I'm bored, wyd?
Delivered

Grace
Getting ready for the party.
Read

You
What party?
Delivered

Grace
Do u ever read the school group chat??
You're kind of behind Cal!!
Read

You
If there's a party I'm going
PICK ME UP
Delivered

Grace
What so u can get drunk again or disappear??
Don't be an idiot ur a light weight
Read

You
Please??
Just one more time 🙏
Delivered

Grace
Alisha and Damien won't be there.
U sure u want to go now?
Read

You
Yup please??
Delivered

Grace
Fine I'll pick u up at 9:00
Maybe try to dress up this time !
Read

You
Whatever GRACY
Delivered

Grace
😍😍
Read

I sighed and rolled off of my bed. I would not be wearing anything fancy other than my usual hoodie and another pair of sweatpants. I literally didn't have any other clothes. My family never spoiled me and I was too broke to afford anything better.

What was the worst that could happen?

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

21 chapters done! I can't believe I reached this much chapters in only 2 weeks. This is honestly a milestone for me (it's literally the only Wattpad story I've ever made). I'm happy that people are reading my story and voting for it! Thanks so much for all the views. I know this story may not be very good and my writing can sometimes get.. bad, but I try my best!

QUESTION: Be honest, did you forget about Grace?
Me: As the author, I've always had her in the back of my mind. I WILL NEVER FORGET GRACE!

Words: 939