Chapter 20

I hopped out the truck and headed to where Piper was last seen. She was still there, of course. She was sitting down, vandalizing one of the tablecloths with a gel pen. I walked over to her and sat next to her, folding my arms.

"Hey, look who's here." She smiled, "That boyfriend of yours is annoying."

I shook my head. "He's not my boyfriend."

"If you say so." She smirked. 

I sighed. "You know, you could've been a little nicer to him."

"Your point is..."

"You don't have to pick on everyone you meet." I sighed.

"Why not?"

"Because it's annoying, Piper. Can't you see that?"

"How?"

"It just is!" I snapped. She paused for a second, stunned at my sudden change in tone. I rarely got mad at people. Piper knew this. We'd been friends forever.

"Someone's in a crappy mood." She said, letting out an uncomfortable laugh. "Mind telling me what's up?"

I didn't want to tell her. Piper never took anything seriously. But at this point, I needed to talk about it. My throat tightened as I managed to choke out, "We found Mason."

"You did?" she asked, raising her brows. "That's good, right?"

I shook my head.

"Why is that not good?"

When I didn't answer her, there was a long pause. Finally, it dawned on her, and her smile faded. "Oh my god..."

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter... feel free to comment any requests, feedback, questions or suggestions! :D Thank you so much for reading!