Chapter 42

A few weeks later, Piper, my mother and I were asked to be interviewed in order to participate in a short documentary about the tsunami. I was hesitant. I didn't want to be interviewed. I had a hard time speaking about what I had been through in general, and a room full of cameras wasn't going to make it any better. I didn't ask for it to be this way. I didn't want recognition or people to feel sorry for me, but attention proved to be one of the main outcomes of surviving something out of the ordinary.

"Whole wheat bread." Piper sighed, putting down her tuna sandwich. We sat in the cafeteria, joined by Nolan, Colton and a few other friends. She grimaced and shoved it away from her, then looked up at me. "You gonna agree to it?"

My eyes met hers. "Agree to what?"

"The documentary. Duh, what else?"

"You should." Nolan cut in. "I'm sure you'd do great."

"Thanks but... I don't know."

Piper raised a brow. "It's a pretty simple question. Yes or no. I mean, if you do it I'll do it."

I shrugged, stabbing my fork into my food and swirling it around. "I'll think about it."

"Well, why wouldn't you?"

"I don't like interviews."

"I know that. But... Why?"

"It brings back memories. I don't like talking about it. You know that."

"Hm, alright then." Piper said. There was a long pause. "Any news from Isaac lately?"

"Not really."

"Who's Isaac?" Nolan asked.

I hesitated. "A guy." I winced.

"What guy?"

I glanced at Piper, hoping she'd say something before I did. She didn't. She just smirked at me and waited. I sighed. 

"He's... He's just a guy I met in 2004 after the tsunami. Like when I was looking for my family and stuff. Nothing much to say about him other than that." 

Piper rolled her eyes. "Just 'a guy', Ava? You totally loved him."

Colton interrupted, laughing a little. "Really?"

My face felt red. I looked away from all of them, keeping my gaze fixed on my food, picking at it. "I just... Whatever. He's not important. I didn't love him. I just had a connection with him. He went through the same thing as me. It was comforting, I guess."

With that, the conversation ended. Piper shrugged. Colton went back to eating. Nolan turned to the girl sitting next to him and started talking to her instead.

I sat for a little while longer, not eating, and not really feeling hungry. I thought of Isaac, wondering where he was and how he was doing. Then I debated on whether or not I was to accept the interview.

Finally, I made my decision.

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating in 2 months :P I had a severe writers block...

bookswithblankets actually edited this chapter while I was being forced to play Call Of Duty with my brother :P Here's what she wrote:

"You should." Nolan cut in, taking a bite of his ham sandwich.

"Yummmmy"

"What's yummy?" Nolan said.

"Youuuuuu" Ava said and she began passionately kissing him.

5 years later.

Married

Kids

Die

*claps* good job Danielle! :P