Chapter 6

Chapter 6- Ella’s POV

When I left the art room after the third lesson, I had a smile on my face. Mr James was actually fun to be with once you got to spend some time with.  Although he didn’t really say much after he knocked that acrylic box over him. Gosh, it was so funny! And I could tell that he was embarrassed afterwards. He barely opened his mouth to speak to me, and looked thoughtful as well. Typical behavior of his.

The day rushed by and during the break I avoided Nathan once again, but unfortunately, since he was in my art class, I had to see him during the sixth lesson. As I walked through the class room door, where we would be learning art history with Mr Jones, I saw that Nathan was sitting at the back and had saved a seat for me. I ignored him and sat at the front. A few seconds later, I felt someone sitting next to me, on the next desk, and when I looked up I realised that he had changed places and was now sitting right next to me. I rolled my eyes. He smirked.

“How’s it going, Ella?” he asked. I didn’t reply. He continued. “That jerk kicked me out of the lesson yesterday, and banned me from going tomorrow, so I won’t see you then.”

I flinched at hearing him call him jerk. I didn’t understand why he hated him so much. “I know, I was there, remember?” I said bitterly.

“Of course. He kept looking at you throughout the lesson. I think it’s gonna be successful,” he said with a grin, rubbing the back of both hands together. I shook my head and looked away, luckily just as Mr Jones walked through the door. Good, I thought. Nate won’t be saying anything without the teacher stopping him.

Mr Jones was a man in his fifties, he was smart and seemed nice enough, though he was more strict than Mr James. Although, of course, that wasn’t the only difference that there was from him. I sniggered in my head as I compared my two art teachers… they’re so different from each other. One is young, good looking, and heck, sexy, and this one is, well, old. Poor guy.

I left the class in a rush after that, so I could avoid Nathan. To my dismay, I had noticed that it had started raining, and whereas at the beginning of Mr Jones’s lesson there was only a light drizzle, when I exited it had turned into a huge storm, and was raining heavily. Great, I thought. Just on the day when I decide to wear a new dress and sandals. I took a deep breath before I got out of school, and started to run towards the nearest bus stop, which was, well, far away.

I heard Nathan calling my name from behind me, but that only made me run more. Of course I didn’t have an umbrella, so I figured I would soon get drenched. The rain was still falling down heavily as I rushed, until I couldn’t run anymore and I had to stop to rest. I failed to realise, though, that where I was going to rest was in the middle of the road, just outside of school grounds. All of a sudden, lights appeared and a car honked, stopping right in front of me. I turned in shock and noticed who was driving. Uh-oh. Beth, or whatever her name was, and she looked angry.

 I raced to the side to let her pass and continued walking in the rain, slowly this time, and staring at the ground, so I wouldn’t have black mascara marks running down my face because of the rain. It was a huge surprise when I bumped into someone, who clearly had been in my way and even though I had mumbled a sorry, still didn’t move. I also noticed that it seemed to have stopped raining. I looked up in confusion, and then realisation.

Oh, I thought. Riiiight. Guess who?

Mr James was standing a few centimetres away from me, looking at me with a smirk. He was conveniently holding an umbrella which was blocking the rain for me as well. “We meet again,” he said in a low voice, which I had to admit, was pretty hot, especially in the rain. “Can you watch where you’re going next time?” he continued, and I looked down and smiled, saying nothing. I was still surprised that I had bumped into him yet again.