Chapter 26 A nightmare

A sharp pain pierced josoline skull. Her eyes closed from the pain she felt,she laid there in the semi dark halls crawling not sure what else to do the cold floor barely supporting her movements . She heard a mumbling behind her but wasn't a wear of whose voice it was.

" Why didn't you listen to me...all I asked of you was to stay away" the voice hissed like a snake.

She crawled to the nearest door she saw but only was stopped when a pair of feet appeared. She managed to turn over and looked up her eyes met with a very red faced Madeline, her face red from anger and her hair in a messy bun.

" Mad-...Madeline " she breath in disbelief. The pain in her head got worst, the fear grow as Madeline face appeared more cynical

" what..Arr are youuu doing " her words slurring. The pain in her head beating like a hammer, her pulse matching.

"I told you... Did I not" Madeline asked hovering over her." I told you the Duke was my only hope of happiness " her eyes darken and a wicked grinned appeared " now I'll show you how serious I am and Ethan and I can be happy together "

Madeline forcedly swing a thick piece of wooden stick josoline held up her hand to shield her face and the wood made contact her elbows the pain brought tears and she screamed.

" ahhhhhhh" josoline yelled. Her head in pain and her hands felt as though they broke.

Unable to keep strong her hands fell to the ground" please... Stop" she begged." I..I..beg don't kill me"

" they won't hear you " she said sardonically.

She rose the wooden stick to swing again when someone stopped her. She turned to see Prince Leo standing behind her with a icy glare .

He was unsure of what was happening but then he saw josoline laying there in blood her hands bursted. Fear rose in his heart.

"Guards" he bellowed. He rushed to her, josoline eyes open and closed " Leo " she cried. " help meee" she said with a whispered.

-----------

Her eyes barely cracked open, the pain in her head still feeling as if she was being hitted by a brick. The room was dark but there was a small wooden fire. Josoline felt worm she lift her hand to feel her head but she only was met with excruciating pain in both hands.

Her eyes just a crack, her throat dry , her lips cracked and dry. She tired to move but the pain only felt worst, Seating up was only attempt.

" don't move " said a voice in a low tone .

Her eyes met his as he touched her, the face only seemed like a face she dreamt of.

" everything hurts" she breath,she squeeze her eyes shout.

He touched her cheeks and she flinched, the man looked young even handsome, his eyes were captiaving, he smiled at her and it took her breath away.

Josoline licked her lips," who are you?" She asked the handsome stranger.

His brow knitted and a worry line on his forehead " what do you mean?"

She looked at him and smile," who are you sir ?" Her voice  husky from a dry throat

His heart and mind went into a frenzy before he walked away he was about to turn the knob when she stopped him.

Her small voice said," why do you not say who your are"

He squeezed the knob along with his eyes shout," I am Prince Leonardo" with that he left and josoline was baffled why was she in the presence of Royalty.

-----------

"Doctor what do you mean you do not know if her memory will be back" Leo said in a low and dangerous tone to the old doctor.

The gray head man stood close to the door , the young Prince seem as if he was about to lose his temper and fear rose.

" Prince Leonardo I am sorry but the injury that young lady Prescott had gotten to the head may have caused her amnesia "

Ethan stood leaning against the book shelf , All this felt like a bad dream the woman he loves was laying in a bed bandaged up from burses she had sustain from Lady Madeline.

He inhaled sharply," Doctor is it possible that little things can jog it back ?'"

" I do not know at this point we will just have to wait and see." Said the doctor.

" okay Doctor Williams you may leave " said the king.

" yes your Majesty " the old doctor said then left .

The king and queen was highly distributed by what had happen to lady josoline nothing like this had ever happen before and such violence in the castle  was foreign.

' Any word on the girl's family" asked the king to Leo Who stood there motionless, trying to understand what and how could he reverse the condition.

" Leonardo ?" The king called his booming voice cutting through his mind.

"Yes" he answered staring at his father behind his oak desk and the queen by his side.

" your father asked if that Madeline girl family has come yet" the queen said as her husband stared at Leo under his lashes.

" She is still in locked up as soon as her family arrived we'll receive word" Leonardo said feeling his anger rise , he strides towards his parents then continued. " we've also sent word to lady josoline family but they are in Scotland at the moment and as soon as word reaches them they will come "

" Good. " said the king clearing his throat" now we most MEET them and apologize to them and her"

" if word got out that one of the debutante assaulted another we will have a huge scandal on our hands " the queen interjected worriedly

" that is true but we most see lady Prescott and see what she knows " the king said rising to his feet " and offer our services "

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, everyone's eyes averted at the closed door.

"Enter" the king said the door open and there stood knight Peter the king right hand...

" your highnesses " said the talk muscular man as he bowing upon entering " Lord Cane Willford his here to address about the village people and the taxes"

"Okay tell him just a minute" the king said dismissively..

" I will see her and give your apology " said the queen as though she read his mind. He smiled at her and she blushed then he gave her apeck on the cheek.

" I will be with you later to finish this decision" he said looking at his son

"Mhmm " was all Leo managed as the king left.

" Ethan?" Said her Majesty.

He was staring at the floor blankly. His mind still felt like a run away horse." Yes aunt "

" are you alright? " she voice laced with emotion.

He caught as his throat got dry because all that what happen was his own fault and he had to tell them but how.

He gave a thin lip smile" yes I suppose"

Leo looked at him suspiciously he had a feeling that Ethan was hiding something , his behavior was fair odd and if Leo found out he had anything to do with what happen to josoline he surely knew he would skin him alive