Chapter 44 The meet

Her face turned scarlet red then her eyes watered up it had took every will power for her not to cry. Never had Maxwell seen her like this , he hadn't move her before her face frozen as if she had seen a ghost .

Max thought that this was a great opportunity to let her enjoy herself, he knew her long enough to know she was all about family and business never did she given a man the time of day .

He remembered when he first saw her , much had changed the innocent young girl he met six years ago had gone . So much had changed , so much of Constance in her . The thought made him smile this beautiful woman who was so strong willed, opinionated and independent in this time. Many men would of called her rebellious but to him she was something special he loved her for it. He didn't need a woman who was simple and josoline Prescott was amazing .

" Did I surprise you?" he asked giving her a lopsided grin.

" Yes" she managed

" Good." He felt pleased. That he gotten a emotion from her .he had kissed her and never did she blushed he has teased her and she was Stone cold; he often wondered why she was like this .

" So let's go in then" he held out his hand to escort her in .

She didn't move.

" Are you okay?"he asked .

What in God's name was she doing here she thought, she hadn't even considered seeing him or coming a feet to this palace. This was unbelievable she was here at the end of these very stairs that she ran from.

Her mind told her to high jack a horse and get the hell out of here, but her body would not move. Her heart told her to be strong and hold her head high because society would be very surprised seeing her and Constance would of made a small mockery of this situation.

She looked at Max who wore a very cute confused look.. " are you alright?" She asked . Forcing a smile.

" No I'm wondering why you are you looking frighten.... the king invited me here and said I could bring a date'' he said touching her cheek with his thumb.

The King___oh God Leonardo. Her heart started to beat forcefully on her ribs . This is crazy ____six years since she met him __ seen him, feel him ___ran from him.

" Josoline your absolutely red" he bursted out. He cupped her face ," Are you sure your alright?"

She stared at him blankly .

Memories came rushing back
Leonardo ___ King
Her memory lost
Ethan __ married
Becka's betrayal....
Her father's situation.
Ruin.,.....

She blinked and then smile, the weak feeble girl was gone and now stood lady Josoline of Prescott and Cranston estate. A strong woman who fought to be who she was .

She smiled," You should see how handsome you look worried and you should really  do something about those worry lines." She joked touching his forehead.

His brows knitted," I'll have more in time if I end up with a stubborn beauty like you" he said searching her eyes

Moments went by, she composed herself." Very well then"

************

The grand ballroom was decorated in fine style. The room was filled with nobles , Princess and Prince , Lords or Earls each came to celebrated the Kings birth. The beautiful exquisite Chandler hanging from the ceiling , the well polished floors even the art work on the wall and the imprinted design of angles was like awe .

" King Leonardo how does it feel to be so old as if time flew passed you? " Becka joked .

They all laughed , she looked up at Micheal who stared at her with so much affection," honey did I tell you how beautiful you looked"