chapter 43 surprise to remember

Maids scurried about preparing for the kings birthdays ball the day had come and all the preparations were coming to an end high noon.

The ballroom beautifully decorated in gold and white. The chandelier hang magically in the center, much hadn't changed from the days of him trying to be a suitor .

" Do you actually think this will make me anymore happier" Leonardo asked no one in general.

Theo and Michael stood side by side looking at him. They were in the throne room chatting about all the end on meetings and dances he had to make tonight.

" Just understand tonight is your birthday night just enjoy" Theo replied . He had grown up so fast married and was expecting his second child." I think you should losen up"

Leo scoffed," Easy for you to say "

" Just relax" Michael commented.," You've done this so much that you should be able to do this in your sleep"

" Michael yesssss ...but I'm getting older aren't I . I need more . I'm bored" he said looking at the ground then remembering Josoline.

" Then choose someone" Micheal begged.

" I can't.." he stared blankly." I can't love another like her"

" No one is asking you to fall in love but you need a hire" Theo plead." And that takes you have to have a wife... At least marry for the business because you need a hire brother"

" An you think i don't know that....you think I'm not trying to feel something than emptiness ....I needed her and she left me. JOSOLINE ...." He rose up," how can I trust anyone else....." He said looking at them.

" Tell me" he continued," I beat myself for feeling like I didn't do enough. How can I just move on"

He fell to the stair that lead to the throne seating down.

Theo sat next to him,"it's been six something years move on"

" Yes I agree" Michael agreed." Just give one a chance"

He held his head down then nodded.
" Who do you have in mind"?He asked feeling defeated

" Welll there is someone Becka told me about" Michael said . He and his wife Becka had marry two years now.

Leo looked up," who?"

" You'll see " he smirked .

*******

" Father are you sure you do not want me to stay?" Josoline said as the tears ran. She had gotten to England two nights now and she hadn't left his bed side. Her messy hair and sleepy eyes looked at her father's wrinkled paled face.

" No dear go...go out into town and enjoy __" he said his voice weak .

" Father please"she cut him off" I came back for you only" she said firmly

He chuckled and a cough came," I think you have changed so much even more beautiful"

"Father___"

" No go ....I'll take rest" he said shooing her.

She smiled at him," okay just for a while" She said with a sigh knowing she couldn't out talk him.

She left the room softly closing the door behind her. She made her way down the stairs she admired each picture , remembering each day with them. She came to the seating room and saw Matilda , her mother and her brother's wife Rosie.

" Mother , Rosie, Matilda" she said taking a seat next to her mother.

" How is your father?" Her mother asked .