chapter 46... My heart

The ride in the carriage was maddeningly quit. Josoline had not even glanced at Maxwell the ride home. Her heart felt like it would have caved by now even the damp palms that she occasionally wiped in her gown. She waited for him to ask something or say something but never did. The horses came to a halt and josoline knew she was home, he descended from the couch to assist her without saying a word.

" Thank you ..." She mustered," I really appreciate the gesture"

He said nothing

She walked up her stairs to her door then turned to see him watching her intently," I know you do not understand this but __"

" You will tell me when your ready and I will be here to listen" he cut her off giving her a breathtaking smile that she knew so well.

" You do not know how very much I hoped you would say that"

He left with his mind a mess and his heart feeling like it was just a string away from being broken . All he knew josoline had alot of history with the King__ Royal family . He needed answers but only time could tell.

*******

Leo stared at the fire in disbelief, the party had ended and he hadn't moved at all. What had just happened kept replaying in his mind ; fast ,slow, backwards. He searched through the details of his past in his mind for why did she go. He had done this so much and still hadn't understood why, Now she showed up six years later not even alone with MAXWELL.......

"All the guests has left " Michael said closing the of door little library."Are you okay?" He asked .

Leo turned and looked at his friend ," this was Josoline" he breath out staring at Micheal wide eyes ," she was the woman I put my life on hold for...."

". Yes but there most be more to this " Micheal reason.

". You think so ? "

" Yes there is no way she left for so long and not have feelings for you. All this most have a valid explanation" Micheal continued." When I had spoken to Max he had told me a little of her"

Leonardo looked at him disbelief," what did he tell you?"

Micheal sighed feeling uncomfortable with this conversation . The look on Leonardo's face mirrored that as if  he had seen the dead. He had indeed heard a great deal of her . He leaned against the large table and held his head down.

" What have he told you about her?" Leonardo repeated.

" Leo I do not thinks it makes a difference really"

"What?" He half yelled , " of course makes a difference ....." He walked towards him eyes blazing," did he tell you intimate details of their relationship" his heart raced in anticipation of his reply . He was unsure if he even wanted to know how foolish was he that she was so close to him yet far .

Micheal looked at him, his face filled with anguish.," It is not that serious between them...he had met her years ago but she was very difficult in mind ...he also said she was a very wealthy young girl with much to give in mind and body and he had never seen a young woman with those qualities"

Leo looked down," And?" He said he, He had knew because those trait were the reason he fell in love with her..

" I even pushed him to marry her ..."he mentioned staring at him but Leo didn't return the gaze.

" And?"

" He said he would on this trip" he ended.

His eyes shot up to meet his," do you think she may say yes.?"