My Uncle Is A Psychopath

This was requested by @SarahCobbler

Life wasn't easy for you. You were just sixteen years old and already you had lost both your parents. You were forced to move to London and live with your uncle. You had never met him and you only knew his name and occupation. Safe to say, you did not want to move in with him. You exited the airport and waited anxiously for your uncle to pick you up. A cab stopped in front of you and two men got out. ''Are you (Y/N) Moriarty?'' The taller one asked. You didn't know who this man was, it could easily be your uncle so you just nodded. ''Come with us.'' The shorter man opened the door for you and you hesitantly got in.

You were incredibly scared and kept fiddling with your bag as you sat in the cab with the two strangers. You were too afraid to ask questions, you knew what your uncle was capable of. ''There's no need to be scared, (Y/N).'' The shorter one assured. ''My name is John Watson and that's Sherlock Holmes. We're here to protect you from your uncle, Jim Moriarty.'' You didn't know if you could trust these men but anything would be better than your uncle. ''Where are we going?'' You asked, daring to speak for the first time. ''221B Baker Street.'' Sherlock answered. ''You'll be staying there with us until we find you a better home. Moriarty knows about your existence and we have to keep you safe from him.'' You nodded in understanding and remained silent for the rest of the ride to your new and temporary home.

***

''What are you doing?'' You asked for the thousandth time that day. It was annoying Sherlock to no end. ''Experiments.'' He replied. ''Can I help?'' You wondered. ''No.'' You rolled your eyes and decided to go to bed, it was quite late and you were getting tired. ''Good night.'' You said. You went upstairs and got ready for bed.

Sherlock finished experimenting and decided to check on you before heading to bed as well. You annoyed him a lot, most time but he'd grown to care for you over the past few weeks that you lived in the same flat as him. He opened the door to your bedroom and saw you tossing and turning in your bed. He quietly walked over to you and sat with you on the bed. ''(Y/N), are you okay?'' He whispered. You kept muttering and moving and Sherlock soon realised that you were still asleep. He gently pulled you onto his lap and tried to calm you down. ''No, mom...'' You muttered. ''It's okay, it's okay.'' Sherlock whispered. He stroked your hair and kept whispering soothing words until you calmed down a bit.

Your eyes fluttered open and you inspected your surroundings. Your vision was still a bit blurry from waking up and your heart was pounding in your chest. This is what it's been like for the past few weeks. You'd go to bed, fall asleep and have horrible nightmares of your mother's murder and your terrifying uncle. You suddenly realised that you were no longer on your bed. You looked up and your eyes met Sherlock's. You tried not to but eventually you started sobbing uncontrollably. ''Ssh, don't cry. Everything is going to be just fine.'' He soothed. You held onto his purple shirt as you sobbed into it. The tears eventually ran out but you didn't let go. Sherlock's presence made you feel less scared and alone and you desperately needed that. ''I'm sorry.'' You sniffed. ''What for?'' He questioned. ''For being so annoying since I got here.'' Sherlock chuckled and pressed a kiss on the top of your head. ''It's all right, (Y/N).''He assured. You nodded and nuzzled back into his slightly damp shirt. ''Goodnight.'' Sherlock whispered as you began to doze off. ''Good night.'' You mumbled in return. Your eyes slowly closed and you fell asleep, this time without any nightmares. 

A/N:

My exams are stressing me out! I'm sorry for not updating in a while and still not having finished all the requests but I will get to all of them, I promise! I've just been so busy lately and I still have an entire week filled with studying and more studying to go, so I might not update as often as I'd like. I desperately needed a break from all those textbooks so I wrote this short request. I hope you liked. Thank you so much for reading, voting and all your lovely comments. I love reading your reactions! I'VE ALMOST REACHED 29K READS!!!! AMAZING!!! 

Thank you and have a lovely day  ♥