The Child Whisperer

Requested by PrincessPeach211 

I hope you all like it ♥

~***~

A young girl sat alone in the waiting room, waiting for her turn to see the therapist. What would a young girl be doing there all alone? (Y/N)'s therapist was the only one that knew. The little girl kept everything to herself. She never smiled, she never spoke, she never interacted with other people. She was all alone. The murder of her parents had changed her completely. She was just five years old when she lost both her parents. Moving on from the traumatising experience would be difficult, if not impossible.

The detective duo entered the waiting room. Sherlock Holmes scanned the room, trying to find a possible suspect for the case he and his blogger were working on. His eyes landed on you. He, like every other, wondered what a little girl like you was doing there all alone. It didn't take long to find out, he easily managed to deduce it. He was intrigued by the things you had been through. He couldn't help but feel empathy towards you.

''I'll go talk to the receptionist. She might be able to give us some information about all the clients here.'' John said before heading off to execute his plan. Sherlock, however, sat down on one of the chairs in the waiting room and continued to stare at you. You raised your gaze from the floor, sensing that someone was looking at you, and looked up to meet the man's eyes.

You tilted your head in confusion. Why was this man staring at you? You were very cautious when it came to interacting with others and you rarely ever talked to anyone who wasn't your therapist. But there was something about this man that caught your interest. You hopped of your chair and walked over to him, your tiny legs carrying you as fast as they could. You stood in front of him, Sherlock's eyes never moving away from yours. You saw this as a game and you were determined to win. You shuffled a little closer to him, keeping eye contact. You were going to win this staring battle no matter what!

You raised your small hand and gently touched the tip of his nose. ''Boop!'' You squeaked. Sherlock was very confused and his cheeks reddened. You giggled, enjoying his awkwardness and realising that you were going to win soon. You removed your finger from his nose and kept staring at him, joy radiating from your eyes, until he finally looked away. You smiled widely and jumped up and down a little. ''I win!'' You exclaimed. This was the first time since the murder that you had smiled and spoken to a stranger.

Sherlock composed himself and genuinely enjoyed seeing you this excited. He didn't know you, but he deduced that you hadn't felt joy in a very long time. ''You cheated.'' He said, trying to sound serious and stop himself from smiling. You shook your head and folded your arms across your chest. ''No.'' You stated simply. Sherlock grinned and reached his hand out towards you. You suddenly got scared and ran back to your seat, curling up into a little ball to protect yourself. Sherlock realised what he had done wrong and slowly walked over to you. ''My name is Sherlock Holmes. I'm not going to hurt you, I promise.'' He said softly, crouching down in front of you. Your watery eyes stared into his as you slowly raised your hand to touch his nose again. ''Boop.'' You said softly. Sherlock smiled and gently took a hold of your tiny hand. ''What's your name.'' He wondered, keeping his voice soft. ''(Y/F/N).'' You answered, daring to sit up a little straighter. You weren't scared anymore, this man seemed nice. ''It's nice to meet you, (Y/N). Would you like to accompany me to the receptionist so we can talk to her?'' Sherlock asked you. ''Yes, please.'' You said, smiling again.

Sherlock helped you stand up and walked to the information desk, holding your hand tightly in his. ''Who's that?'' John asked his best friend. You hid behind Sherlock's long legs and pulled his coat in front of your face with your free hand. Sherlock noticed that you were scared and swiftly turned around, crouching down in front of you again. ''He's not going to hurt you either, (Y/N). No need to be afraid, okay?'' You nodded and dared to take a step away from Sherlock and closer to John. ''My name is John Watson.'' He said, reaching his hand out towards you. You looked at Sherlock, pondering whether shaking the man's hand was a good idea or not. Sherlock nodded encouragingly, so you turned back to John and wrapped your fingers around one of his.

You motioned for John to crouch down like Sherlock was doing. John understood what you meant and happily lowered himself to where his eyes were on the same height as yours. ''Boop.'' You whispered, touching the tip of his nose with your finger. Sherlock chuckled and lifted you up with him as he stood up. You squeaked but relaxed when you realised that Sherlock was holding you. ''You're a little different from all the other children, aren't you?'' He wondered, smiling. You remained silent and rested your head on Sherlock's shoulder, hiding your face in his coat. ''I think she likes you, Sherlock.'' John grinned. ''I like her too.'' The detective admitted.