Trouble At The Crime Scene

Requested by DetectiveCurly 

~***~

''Darling?'' Sherlock called. You emerged from your shared bedroom and walked over to him. ''Oh, there you are.'' He wrapped his arms around you and held you tightly against him. ''Listen, Love, there's a new case and Lestrade really needs my help. I know we talked about me not going on cases while you're pregnant, but it's really important.'' He muttered, burying his nose in your hair. You sighed. ''It's fine, Sherlock.'' He pulled back from the embrace and pressed a lingering kiss on your forehead, causing you to smile. ''Thank you, Darling. I'll be back as soon as possible, I promise.'' He quickly rushed over to the coat rack to retrieve his coat and scarf. You followed him and also pulled on your coat. ''What are you doing?'' Sherlock inquired. ''I'm coming with you, of course.'' You stated, smiling widely. Sherlock raised an eyebrow and stared at you. ''Oh, no, you're not.'' He protested. ''Yes, I am.'' You argued. ''Darling, you're pregnant. You shouldn't be running around and definitely not at crime scenes. It's too dangerous and I can't let anything happen to you! I would never forgive myself.'' 

You wrapped your arms around his neck, standing on the tips of your toes. ''I can handle myself, Sherlock. I've been on lots of cases with you and nothing serious has ever happened before.'' You assured, not entirely convincing him. ''But you weren't pregnant then.'' He countered. ''Sherlock.'' You said gently, cupping his face. ''I'll be perfectly fine, I promise. Just let me come with you, please. I'm sick and tired of sitting in this flat all day and not doing anything.'' Sherlock sighed and stared at the floor for a moment, contemplating whether this was a good idea or not. ''Please.'' You added. He sighed again, but gave in. ''Alright. You can come, but no running and stay with somebody at all times!''

You and Sherlock arrived at the crime scene, tightly holding each other's hands. ''Alright, Love. Stay here and I'll be right back.'' Sherlock said, letting go of your hand. You rapidly shook your head. ''Oh, no, no, I'm not staying with Anderson.'' You protested. Sherlock pressed a kiss on your cheek and briefly rubbed your shoulder. ''I'll be back within a few minutes. Just stay here, so I'll know you're safe.'' He pleaded. ''Fine.'' You huffed. ''Thank you.'' You two shared a kiss before Sherlock followed Lestrade to the body. There was a slight skip in his walk and you giggled. He had stayed with you in the flat for months, not taking any cases because he wanted to be close to you at all times. You knew he was starting to lose his mind being cooped up in there all day and you could tell he was excited to finally solve a case again.

''So that's why the freak hasn't been taking cases lately.'' You groaned at hearing the ignorant comment Anderson made. ''Hello, beautiful.'' He greeted, smirking. He stood uncomfortably close to you and you could smell his cheap deodorant. His arm suddenly grabbed your waist. You quickly jumped back and slapped him in the face. ''Keep your filthy hands away from me, Philip.'' You hissed. ''Oh, come on, (Y/N)! I promise I'm a much better lover than Sherlock.'' He winked. You felt like you were going to be sick. ''You are absolutely disgusting, Anderson. You're lucky Sherlock can't hear you because he would've beaten the hell out of you.'' You scoffed. ''But Sherlock isn't here right now.'' Anderson reminded you, taking a step closer to you. ''I don't understand why you married that freak. I mean, do you really think he loves you? He's a sociopath, he doesn't have the ability to feel emotions. He's just using you.'' He concluded. ''Shut up.'' You hissed, getting beyond angry. ''Sally warned you, didn't she? He's a freak. He gets off on solving cases. You'll see, as soon as he's back to working regularly, he'll get rid of you and that disgusting baby of yours. It would be so much wiser if you'd just date me.'' He continued. 

Your blood was boiling and you were ready to murder the horrendous man in front of you. ''DON'T YOU DARE SAY SUCH THINGS ABOUT MY HUSBAND!'' You yelled. ''He's so much better than you will ever be, Anderson. You're a disgusting man. Flirting with other women while you're married. And saying such horrible things about another human being. You disgust me.'' You hissed, lowering your voice. ''If anyone should be disgusted, it would be me.'' Anderson shot back.

You were ready to yell at him again, but a sudden wave of dizziness struck you. You held your hand against your head and tried to steady yourself, but it didn't work. Black spots started to cloud your vision and it didn't take long before you blacked out.

Sherlock had heard all the commotion and rushed back to where he left you. He saw you unconscious on the pavement with Anderson staring at you, not knowing what to do. He immediately rushed over to you while shouting at Anderson. ''What on Earth have you done, you idiot?!'' He placed your head in his lap and made sure you were laying on your side and not on your back. He had read plenty of books about do's and don'ts during a pregnancy, so he knew exactly what to do in situations like this, but that still didn't stop him from panicking. 

He gently slapped your cheek, trying to wake you up. ''(Y/N)? Wake up, Love.'' He muttered. You moaned softly and opened your eyes, blinking at the sudden invasion of sunlight. Sherlock smiled warmly, relieved to see you awake. ''You haven't been eating and drinking enough, have you?'' Sherlock wondered, already knowing the answer. ''I forgot.'' You mumbled apologetically. ''Oh, Love, this could've gone so much worse.'' Sherlock sighed, stroking your hair. ''I shouldn't have left you alone with Anderson. I heard the shouting, you got yourself worked up while your blood pressure was low because of the lack of food. That never goes well, Love.''

You slowly sat up and rested your head on your husband's shoulder. ''I'm sorry.'' You mumbled sleepily, still a bit dazed from fainting. ''I'm taking you home.'' Sherlock decided. ''Lestrade can handle it on his own from here on.'' He stood up and carefully helped you up as well. He hailed a cab and helped you get in before getting in himself. ''How about we wait with going on cases for a while? At least until this baby is born.'' Sherlock proposed. You nodded in agreement and leant against him. ''I can't wait until this baby comes out of me.'' Sherlock chuckled and kissed your cheek. ''Neither can I, Love.''