First School Day

Another preferences oneshot had been requested by the_Writing_Bear since it's been quite a while since I wrote one of these. The idea for this oneshot was requested by midnightanna who always has lovely ideas for oneshots like these. 

I hope you all enjoy this chapter. Thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting, it means the world to me! Have an amazing day everyone ♥

~***~

Sherlock Holmes

Your daughter rubbed her tired eyes with her small fist as she yawned. She sleepily stared at you as you rummaged through her closet, trying to find the perfect outfit for her very first day of school. ''How about this, Honey?'' You asked her, showing her an adorable purple dress with a matching bow to put in her hair. Delilah yawned again as her eyelids began to droop. ''Honey, stay awake. You have to get dressed.'' You cooed. A frustrated groan escaped her lips. ''I don't wanna go!'' She complained. ''Well, you have to go.'' You said, looking for another outfit in the closet. ''Daddy said he thinks it's stupid.'' She stated, crossing her arms over her chest and raising her nose into the air. ''Your daddy is wrong.'' You clarified. ''I'm never wrong, Love.'' Sherlock entered the room, an annoyed and sleepy look on his face. You giggled at the similarity between him and his daughter. They were both not used to getting up early and usually spent their mornings grunting and protesting as you tried desperately to get them to wake up. ''See! Daddy's never wrong!'' Sherlock smirked proudly and patted her head. ''Your daughter needs education, Sherlock. You cannot provide her with such thing, you don't even know the earth is round, not flat.'' He huffed in annoyance but didn't argue with you. Sherlock wasn't an idiot, he knew Delilah had to go to school. He just didn't want to let her go. The consulting detective loved his little girl more than anything in the world and wanted to keep her as close to him as he could. The thought of having to leave his precious offspring with some strangers and potentially dangerous people scared him beyond beliefs. Just thinking about it brought tears to his eyes, but he'd never admit that out loud, especially not to you. He swallowed thickly and watched as you got Delilah ready for school. This first day would be hell for Sherlock.

Delilah held onto yours and Sherlock's hand as tightly as she possibly could as you walked into the school. Her widened eyes took in the crowd in front of her and all the unfamiliar people, causing her to instantly hide behind her father's legs. ''It's time to go to class, Honey.'' You said gently, kneeling down in front of her. She frantically shook her head, her eyes spilling tears. ''I don't wanna leave you and daddy.'' She sobbed, burying her face into the back of Sherlock's trousers. ''Sweetheart, you have to. It's only for a few hours and then we'll come and get you again. It'll be over before you know it.'' You attempted to persuade her. She shook her head again and continued to cry into the black fabric. You sighed in defeat and looked up at Sherlock, trying to get him to help you. Sherlock shakily removed Delilah from her tight grip on his legs and kneeled down next to you. ''Little Bee, you are going to be fine, okay?'' He choked, not convincing her. ''No, I don't wanna go!'' She yelled, crying. Sherlock's bottom lip began to tremble as he fought back tears unsuccessfully. He wrapped his arms around Delilah and pulled her close to him, hugging her as tightly as he could. His watering eyes stared at you with a desperate look in them. Seeing his daughter cry had always been incredibly painful to him and he'd always start crying with her. ''It's okay, Baby Girl,'' Sherlock sobbed, holding her tightly. ''You don't have to go! We'll try again next year!'' 

Before you could get a single word into the decision, he quickly got up and marched out the door, carrying Delilah as they both continued to sob. Despite the clear annoyance, you couldn't help but smile at the love Sherlock had for his little girl. You got up and quickly followed them outside. You'd just try again next year.