Chapter 15

(The next day)

I try not too focus on my brothers reasoning for stealing my DNA as I walk to Uriah's 'apartment'. He called an emergency meeting for God knows what reason. All I know that for getting me and Tobias, and Natalia up at 7 am on a Saturday, there must, and better be something important.

We walk into the tiny room and sit on the dusty, stained couch. Minutes later, Shauna and Zeke shuffle in, exhaustion clear on their faces. They plop down on the floor next to the couch. Shauna lays her head on Zeke's shoulder and I can see him relax. They are a good couple, they are a perfect example of why life is better without factions. Her being an Erudite and him a Dauntless would have never worked, it would have been considered an affair.

I find myself blankly staring at them, and tear my eyes away. Uriah and Christina are standing in front of us, they both look nervous. "We have something to tell you guys." Uriah says, he won't meet any of our eyes. "When Uriah woke up in the hospital, I couldn't believe it. I mean first Tris and now Uriah, I couldn't ask for more. So after he was released from the hospital we met up." Christiana sounds as if she were reciting prewritten lines, as if this were planned. "And we had a really great time, so we started going out, this started about a week after my release. So we have been keeping it a secret, but we think that now is a good time to say something because..." He is cut off by Christina. "I'm pregnant!" She squeals. Everyone is silent, and then I find myself breaking into a wide smile. Everyone is now smiling, I laugh and give Christina a hug. Zeke and Shauna stand up. "Since everyone is in such a good mood, we'd like to announce that Shauna and I are engaged!" Uriah shoots him a knowing look. "What," says Zeke, "I couldn't let you have the spotlight forever." We all laugh and congratulate one another. This is perfect, we are finally happy. All of us, no one is dying, no war is being fought. I love it, my only concern is how long can it actually stay this way?

---------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed! Please remember to vote and comment, next few chapters are going to be a big time jump, but I promise that it has purpose and a BIG twist. 😏