What Did I Do?

Once again, Nia was up early and watching as the sky began to get color

Once again, Nia was up early and watching as the sky began to get color. She wished she could leave to the butterfly field but she couldn't leave her post. She met up with Lincoln briefly as he informed her that there were about 100 people in the group.

The 100 below began to rise and began doing things among themselves. Nia rolled her eyes at the amount of times she had seen a couple wander away from the group. Alec and her were together at one point but decided to call it off. He still had feelings for her but she saw him as a friend.

The survivalist boy caught her attention once again as she saw him drag bodies from the their ship. She watched him again when he entered camp only to be stopped by another boy. They were arguing about the supplies he held.

Nia raised an eyebrow when she seen the leader walk out of the ship with a girl. She shook her head when they shared a kiss before separating. A sigh passed her lips when she watched the boy drop the clothes on the ground. She was hoping he'd put up more of a fight.

A scream ripped through the air, Nia moved quickly to locate the source. The boy who was taking off wristbands was holding a girl over a fire. She loaded an arrow but luckily the survivalist pushed him aside.

She watched in amusement as they fought. Just when the survivalist had the other by the neck, a voice rang out.

"Wells, let him go!" Nia figured this was the group that went to the mountain as they came down the hill.

She noticed the girl she first saw was limping. Being a healer, Nia wanted to jump down and help her but she knew she would put everything at risk. 

"Octavia!" The leader said as he ran to assist the girl. When he asked where the food was, the blonde told them that they never made it to the mountain. Nia smiled knowing Alec had managed to stop them. But it quickly vanished when she heard how he had managed to stop them. 

"Attacked?" Wells questioned. "By what?"

The boy sitting answered. "Not what. Who." Nia held her breath hoping that they didn't see Alec. "Turns out when the last man died on the ark, he wasn't the last grounder."

Nia found the way they referred to her people strange. She listened closely as she heard the blonde's words.

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew of the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good news is that we can survive. The radiation won't kill us."

"Yeah, bad news is the grounders will." The boy stated.

Nia didn't agree with their reasoning and wanted to go down to reason with them. Let them know that they wouldn't attack unless provoked, but when she heard of the other boy, she knew they would only see her as a threat.

"Jasper was hit. They took him."

When the blonde began to scolded them for taking off the wristbands, Nia decided to meet up with the others. Before she could move, the other leader spoke making her stop and listen.