Tondc

The ride to Tondc was quiet for the most part

The ride to Tondc was quiet for the most part. Finn's body was placed on the cart that lead the party with Skikru close behind on foot. The rest of the Grounder's were riding behind, their eyes trained on Skikru. Skikru whispered among themselves as they walked along. Nia rode alongside Lexa and the two noticed how tense Gustus was.

"Stop worrying, Gustus. Like you've always told me all alliances are risky." Lexa said hoping to ease Gustus's mind a little.

But the words didn't see to do much as spoke with Lexa. "This is not the same as uniting the twelve clans. The Sky People are different, they're more like the Mountain Men than us. It could kill our coalition."

Nia couldn't but agree and disagree with his statement. Uniting the twelve clans was hard and tricky but was accomplished nonetheless. But saying that Skikru was like the Mountain Men might have been a stretch. Sure they had differences but the Mountain Men were even more cruel while Skikru seem to only trying to save their people.

Lexa's words made Nia stiffed as she thought of what might happen in case this alliance didn't go as planned. "Our coalition, or me?"

Lexa was a big part of Nia's life to have her die by a bad decision. She wouldn't know what to do if she lost her family. She loved them all dearly but love was weakness so she needed to act like it never fazed her. And Nia couldn't help but agree with Gustus' next comment.

"You are the coalition, Commander." He said as he looked at her.

"Then do your job and protect me." Lexa simply replied.

Nightfall came as they stopped for rest. The Grounders had set up on one side of the tree line while Skikru were opposite of them. The air was filled with tense as the parties looked at one another. Nia watched as Clarke made her way over and laid down her blanket down closer to the Grounders. Bellamy and Clarke shared a few words but when Bellamy looked up to her, her eyes dared away. For some unknown reason to Nia she couldn't bare to look him in the eye.

When she glanced over again her eyes settled on Lincoln and she made her way to her brother. She had been dreading what he might have thought of her since she had turned Finn in. But she felt even more bad when she heard him speak with Octavia.

"My people fear me. They think the Reaper's still inside." It made Nia's chest tighten. She knew how much he didn't want to fight but with their father being who he was they had too. Nia didn't want to interrupt their moment but she wanted to have a moment with her brother.

"Lincoln, may I speak with you a moment." She ask quietly in their native tongue.

Lincoln nodded his head and followed her to a spot away from everyone. Little did they know there was a certain set of eyes on her.

When they were away Nia took a breath and spoke quietly to him. "Are you ashamed at me?" She question scared to know the answer.

"No, Zhalia. It should be you who is ashamed of me." Lincoln answered honestly.