Separated

Fox had woken up when the morning light was creeping over the trees

Fox had woken up when the morning light was creeping over the trees. She cradled her head as it pounded against her skull. She tried to remember what exactly happened but could only remember Nia saying she was sorry before it all went black.

She sat up and took in the environment around her. She was Lincoln and another person talking amongst themselves a few feet away and Octavia sat against a tree. She then noticed that Nia was no where to be see and she decided to voice her concerns with Octavia.

"Octavia, where's Nia?"

Before Octavia could answer Alec did for her. "Nia stayed behind to get someone out."

Fox looked up confused wondering who Nia could risk her life for. Her thoughts were interrupted by Lincoln who walked up behind them.

"We need to get moving. Can you walk?" He asked Fox as he made his way to Octavia.

She merely nodded and used the tree to stand. Once they were walking she couldn't help but notice that the camp was in the other direction.

"Wait, aren't we going to wait for Nia?" Fox questioned at the backs of the others.

"Nia wouldn't want us going back to risk our lives. Besides she said she'd catch up." Alec answered.

"But she could be hurt." Fox added.

"She can take care of herself. We need to keep moving so that the commander and the mountain men don't catch us." Lincoln reasoned.

But his words didn't sway Fox's opinion. "We need to go back."

The group ignored her protests and began to move once more.

"Fine. If you won't go back then I'll go myself." Fox said as she turned and walked in the other direction.

Alec sighed when he turned to the younger girl. He shared a look with Lincoln who nodded at him before he turned and walked behind Fox. Fox shook her head at his actions as they continued their walk.

"Thought you didn't want to endanger your life." She stated.

"Nia would kill me if she knew that I let you wander in enemy territory without any protection." He said simply taking the lead in their journey.

"Nia trained me. I can take care of myself." Fox argued.

"Nia said you were okay with knives. She wasn't done training you when this happened. Trust me you have a long way to go." He said.

Fox huffed in annoyance but continued on their walk to where they had come from. She could only hope that Nia had found whoever and got out before they could fire their rockets. The rest of their walk was done in silent.

Their walk was interrupted by shouts. Alec's face paled when he realized what they were. With no understanding of what they were Fox rushed forward thinking it was the group from the hundred. Maybe they might have seen Nia.