Chapter Thirteen: Excuse me?

Something warm and bright infiltrates my sleeping mind, begging my eyes to open.

Disorientated and still half asleep I blink several times to adjust to the vivid light. Confused, I take in the room around me and go still. Pastel yellow walls lined with fancy federation cornices shine brilliantly in the sun coming through the large panelled windows. A victorian style dresser table sits on the wall opposite me, its gold embellishments adding to the stately theme.

Where the fuck am I.

The gaudiness of the room makes me feel wheezy as the events from last night come slamming back into me.

The club. Cosmopolitans. Dancing. John. Levi. Darkness.

I sit up abruptly.

Levi.

The vivid memory of his hand pressed against my mouth, dragging me out of the coat room makes my body tremble. John was right. I trusted someone at the worst time possible, how did I not see this coming?

The blurriness - which I assume is due to the contents of the cloth that I breathed in - intensifies as I try to sluggishly remove myself from the four poster bed. It's thick, heavy doona protests when I attempt to shove it off my legs.

With one last tug I'm free of the suffocating blankets and cushions, finally releasing my feet and placing them onto the pine floor.

I swallow thickly as I look at my attire. A silk green pyjama set sits softly on my skin. Something I definitely hadn't changed myself into. Three letters are embroidered in white along the hem line, MVT. Strange.

After sitting and staring at the floor for a bit too long, I eventually decide to push myself and wander over to the window.

The second I reach it I know I'm not in New York. The radiant sun makes the green grass on the enormous garden shimmer. In the middle is a pool that looks like something from a palace. Further out is a view that if it weren't for how terrifying this situation is, I would have fallen in love with. Past the rolling hills is a stunning beach, with crisp white sand and dazzling blue water.

Nothing about this sea scape looks familiar. It certainly doesn't look like New York, but it also doesn't look like anything in America.

Fuck.

I rattle the window attempting to open it but it doesn't budge. Escape option one: a failure. There's only one other option. The door.

I look down at the pyjama shorts and curse at how short they are. A quick glance around the room tells me theres no wardrobe... unless. A smaller second door sits in the back corner, something I originally missed in my analysis.

Shuffling over I silently open the door and gasp. What I thought would be a small wardrobe, turns out to be an overwhelmingly large walk in room. It looks more like a shop than a wardrobe.

Where am I?!

I cautiously walk into the filled room and pick the first rack which is donned with jeans and shirts. I grab the first pair of jeans I see and check the tag, I'm taken aback as I read my size. Next I check the shirts. All my size.

This is so fucking weird.

Quickly slipping into the first two items I grabbed I head back into the room and almost shriek when I see Levi standing in the main doorway.

"I-" My voice betrays me as I try to put on a tough persona.

"Follow me". His stance is hostile, dark. Everything is the opposite from what he had been a couple of days ago. His blonde hair is tied back, showing neck tattoos I had somehow missed. Instead of his stylish uptown clothes he wears a black shirt and pants, the short sleeves showing even more tattoos.