Chapter Twenty-Seven: My Dear

sorry for any mistakes! but found some time between my four essays (ugh) to write, hope you enjoy <3

-

"So can you remind me why we're doing this in broad daylight again?". Staring out of the tinted back window at the bright laneway makes my anxiety for today increase.

John ignores my question as he straps a knife to the inside of my ankle, happy with the finished product he pulls down my jeans over top of it.

"Because". Levi, on the other side of the van loads a gun and places it in his vest. "They'll least expect us to do it during the day".

Mario who had been sitting quietly in the corner the whole drive to the bank looks up at Levi. "No gun".

His face drops at Marios request. "What?".

"Metal detectors. No. Gun". His Spanish accent is strong as he reaches over and rips the gun from Levis vest.

"Okay, so how the hell am I suppose to protect her then?".

John deadpans at Levis question. "Mario are you kidding? I'm not sending Mila in with someone who can't fight".

Levi ignores his jab, but his face says everything.

Clearly over the conversation Mario crosses his arm. "He doesn't need to protect her. He is going with her because nobody knows he's left Viggo's gang. It will look suspicious but no more then it would with you walking in with her".

I can tell John doesn't agree, even I'm skeptical now that it's clear Levi has no tactical skills.

With the shift in the mood in the van, Levi shoves open the back door and climbs out. Mario following closely behind.

John on the other hand, pulls me in the opposite direction.

Concern fatigues his features as he cups his warm hands around my face. "Repeat the plan to me".

"John-".

"Repeat the plan to me".

His forehead creases as his eyebrows furrow together, the utter frustration becoming more evident.

So I repeat exactly what Donnie and Mario had told me. "Walk into the bank with Levi. Keep my head down and cap on at all times, don't look at the cameras. Walk to the furtherest desk on the left and ask for Aleksander. Tell him my name and show him my passport, angle it to away from camera C. Give him the gold coin thingy. Take the yellow card and pass through Aleksanders desk, go through the grey door and walk down the three flights of stairs. Enter level three and tap the card to the first door on my right. Levi will then soak the money in lighter fluid and set it alight. We exit level three and go down to the carpark and exit through the garage".

John sighs, pulling my closer to him. The relief is noticeable as he wraps his arms around me. "I just had to make sure".

The material of his bullet proof vest scratches against my cheek and reminds me of the very possible outcome of today. The plan may sound simple but there is every chance someone could notice me, causing all hell to break loose.

"I've got this okay. I'll be out of there in no time".

Johns arms tighten even more. "I know you do".

Pulling me away he stares intensely at my serious expression. "I love you".

"I love you too but don't say it like that, it's like you're never going to see me again".

Not responding he pulls me back towards him, giving me a hard kiss. "You know thats not what I meant".

As always his passion makes me melt but the constant agitation of what I'm about to do distracts me from this precious moment.