Chapter 17

He left an hour ago and in that time I've down the entire pot of coffee he made and I'm brewing a second. My hands are shaking, but the heat going down is so soothing. I'm so desperate for comfort right now that I don't mind how my hands are shaking.
A little while after he left, I went to escape, but found he had somehow password locked all the doors and windows. I attempted breaking a window to no avail. I'm stuck here. I suppose it could be worse though, he could have put me back under his bed before leaving.
Even though I can't escape I found a kitchen knife and put it in my pocket. I'm hoping that when he gets back, I can blitz him and force him to give me the password. Maybe I could hurt him bad enough that he wouldn't be able to hurt me again.
My heart hurts terribly at the thought, and honestly, I kind of want to cry thinking of it. Of course, I want to weep at my entire plan. I know he will hurt me, but I don't want to leave him. I hate myself for being so weak.
I have a terrible case of Stockholm syndrome. It doesn't even make sense. Stockholm syndrome develops from when a captor shows kindness to their victim. It's a result of sympathizing with them, perceiving lack of abuse as kindness, and social isolation. I feel no sympathy for that monster, he's abused me more times than I can keep track of, and with the hospital breakers I haven't been too isolated. I guess I'm just pathetic.
My coffee's done brewing so I make another cup. I don't have anything to do and I honestly don't want to explore this house any more than I already have. It's a nice, but it's so empty and ominous. The place feels haunted somehow.
I decide to grab the entire fresh pot and go to the table to sit down. This is how I spend the next few hours. Just contemplating what my life had become while drinking too much coffee.
By the time I hear the front door open I'd had more cups than I'd care to count and I'm shaking like mad.
"Hey, I'm back", I hear his voice, "where are you?". I don't answer and decide to wait. I go stand by the doorway and hide behind the wall. I guess I'm doing this; I pull the knife from my pocket.
His foot crosses the threshold and I pounce on him. I sink the knife into him, just above his collar bone. He looks shocked and grimaces in pain. I turn to run, but before I can he pulls me back onto him. I failed and he's going to hurt me even worse. I thrash and struggle in his arms. Look back over my shoulder I see his eyes are black and he looks determined. Seeing this I fight even harder.
Somehow, I manage to send us both to the floor. He winds up on top of me but doesn't put his weight on me. He's got his knees on either side of my body and in his desperation to keep me contained has pinned both of my arms above me in one hand. He is staring down at me with those dark eyes and labored breathing. His blood is dripping on me from where the knife is still lodged in his shoulder. This is how I die.
I close my eyes to await my certain doom. I wonder if my family will ever know I'm gone. I haven't seen them in years since I ran away. If I'd known I was going to die today I would have called my sister. I know that she at least probably misses me. I'd hate for her to never know what happened. Or worse, for her to be called in to identify me after having not seen me in years.
I stay in that position for a while awaiting the blows. Eventually after what feels like an eternity, I open my eyes only to see that he's closed his. He's doing that breathing thing again. He's just breathing. What is this? He has a knife protruding from him, and instead of being concerned about it he's just breathing.
He opens his green eyes. He looks more concerned than mad.
"I'm sorry you aren't hurt, are you? I hadn't meant to, I just wanted to restrain you. I'm so sorry mate. Oh God why do you have so much blood on you? What did I do?". At this point he looks scared and has let go of my hands to look for an injury I don't have. He's frantically checking every part of me and looks like he's about to cry.
"Apex calm down it's your blood!", I shout. He pauses and looks at the knife as though just now noticing it.
"Oh, are you okay?", he asks.
"Yes, I'm fine", I tell him.
"But you're shaking", he tells me. He seems so worried.
"Yeah, I had three pots of coffee", his eyes widen at this.
"Three pots", he tells, "you're going to get ill, what were you thinking?". With that he gathers me back into his arms and starts his way back upstairs. In his bedroom again he lays me down and starts tucking me in. I'm looking at him shocked. He continues fussing over me and talking to himself about things like getting me a glass of water.
"Apex, you have a knife in your body", at the mention he sighs and goes to the bathroom. When he returns the knife is gone, he's no longer bleeding, and he's got a glass of water in his hand.
He returns to my side and says, " listen your hands are shaking too bad to drink this. You'd just spill it everywhere so I'm going to hold it to your lips okay?". I nod in response before sitting up. He pushes the cup to my lips and tilts it a bit. I drink the water while he rubs his hand in circles on my back. When I've finished, he lays me back down.
"You're in no shape to have a real lunch with me right now, you have so much liquid in your stomach your probably just throw it up. However, coffee is dehydrating so you're going to be drinking glasses of it in regular intervals. For now, you need to rest". He makes sure I'm comfortable before going to. The other side and laying down beside me.
What happened to this guy?

...a/n...
Hey guys this book will also be coming to an end in probably a few weeks. I may even be changing my upload schedule to get it done faster. I can tell how much you guys love this series and I am going to continue it. I've already released the first chapter of the third book, Lay me Down to Sleep. For those of you who want more of Will and Hope I think you're going to enjoy this one.

 For those of you who want more of Will and Hope I think you're going to enjoy this one