Chapter 33

When I wake up I'm still pressed against him with my leg over his hip. He's still asleep, but due to it being morning I feel a certain something pressed against me. I look down to confirm my suspicions and sure enough, I'm pressed right where I thought I was. A bright red flush takes over my cheeks.
  Looking back to his face he looks so calm in his slumber. His pink lips are slightly parted and his long lashes rest on his cheeks. I'd really rather not wake him when he's so peaceful. It's not like this is from me and I can't get up without waking him. I sigh and try to ignore it.
  I close my eyes to try and fall back asleep. It's difficult to not squirm away from him.
  A half of an hour must have passed before he finally starts to stir. His eyes flutter open and focus on me. He smiles upon seeing me.
  "Good morning darling", he says and presses a long kiss to my forehead. His voice is low with sleep, I can't help but think how cute he is like this.
  "Good morning", I tell him clearing my throat, "could you maybe let go of me a bit, I'm feeling a bit stuffy". I squirm a bit to emphasize my point.
  His smile turns teasing and he pulls me even closer, "no". His arms wrap around me and he hums happily while giving a slight wiggle. His face turns even brighter.
  "I mean it", I tell him, "please let go". The light drops from his eyes only to replaced with concern. He let's go of me and scoots over almost a foot. He props himself up on his elbow to look at me better.
  "Did I do something wrong?", he asks.
  "No, it's just that", I trail off and glance down. I feel my face redden again and a look of understanding crosses his face.
   "Oh that", he says sheepish, "sorry about that, it'll go away soon enough".
  I nod and push myself up into a sitting position. I stretch my back and push myself off of the bed. I feel him watching me as I head to the bathroom. I find an extra toothbrush under the sink and turn on the water. He appears in the open doorway and leans against the frame to watch me.
  "What do you want for breakfast?", he asks. I shrug in response as I don't much care and my mouth is a bit busy. He nods and walks out of the room. I continue washing up before following after him.
  I head down to the kitchen where he stands in front of the stove cooking something. The room smells spicy and delicious. Sensing my presence he glances over his shoulder at me with a small smile before focusing on what he's doing.
  After a while, he plates up what he made and carries it over to the table before setting them down. He sits and I sit across from him. It's a bit odd of sitting to.eat eat breakfast with him in the same place where I attempted to stab him.
  Looking at the plate in front of me it's full of rice, meat, and a sunny side egg. The steam wafting off smells delicious.
  "What is this", I ask him curiously.
  "It's called adobosilog", he tells me, "my grandma used to make it for me". I nod my head and take a bite. It's wonderful. I do my best not to shovel it into my mouth and just try to eat like a normal person. When I look up from my plate he's grinning at me. I really hope that my darker skin hides how much I've been blushing today.
  "Thank you", I tell him, "it was really good".
  "I'm glad you liked it", he tells me. He looks so proud of himself.
  "I've been meaning to ask, where is your grandmother from?", I ask, "I've been curious about what language you two are speaking".
  "My grandmother and her family came here from the Philippines when my mom found her mate", he says, "she never bothered to learn much English and her memory is starting to go anyways so we speak Tagalog". I nod at him.
  "How about you?", he asks, "are you British? I noticed your accent".
  "Yeah I am, I moved here about two years ago", I tell him. He looks shocked at this.
  "Wait did you come here alone when you were seventeen?", he asks.
  I nod, "yeah, it was difficult for a while and I had to move around a lot for a bit, but I managed". He nods understanding. I guess he knows what better than me what it's like to be alone from a young age.
  "I probably go through the things we brought from my apartment today", I say.
  "Yeah I've got to do a couple of work things myself", he responds. We get up with our plates and go to the sink. He won't let me wash so I get delegated to drying dishes. When we finish we both go our separate ways to go about our days.