Chapter 32: Saving Wu Shang, provoking Helian Yi (1)

At this time, within Prince Xiang's Manor, Helian Yu sat alone in his study. He was looking at the small porcelain bottle that Empress Wei Changning had given him after he returned from the Imperial Palace.

Helian Yu recalled what Empress Wei Changning had warned him before he left, "That is the most dangerous poison of the Fusang Kingdom. It has no color nor taste. The poison cannot be detectable by a silver needle. And no matter how strong a person's innate strength is, as long as they drink it, they won't have any chance of surviving. This drug is also the type where the people infected are only diagnosed to have unknown ailments."

After a long while, a hint of ruthlessness flashed across Helian Yu's eyes. If he manages to make Mo Youyou drink it at the Imperial Palace's Evening Banquet tomorrow, he will be able to marry Mo Yan as his concubine. And in the future, if he could obtain Mo Residence's military power, the throne would be his!

He clutched the small porcelain bottle tightly and carefully put it away. All he could do was wait until tomorrow night! Mo Youyou, tomorrow night is the day you die. You were lucky I wasn't able to kill you last time. I don't believe I can't get rid of you this time!"

Helian Yu's entire body released a terrifying killing intent. The atmosphere inside the study room became cold like a thousand-year-old Ice cave that no one dared to go near.

Inside Prince Jing's Manor's southern courtyard, Mo Youyou lay half-dead on her bed. Yue Er had also been brought over by Wu Shang and was quietly guarding outside the door. Hearing Mo Youyou's low muttering from inside the house, Yue Er worriedly asked:

"Miss, are you all right?"

"I'm going to die soon. Yue Er, go and call Wu Shang over, I have something to talk to him about."

When Yue Er heard Mo Youyou's words, she originally wanted to tell Mo Youyou that Wu Shang got called away. But after thinking about it, Yu Er thought that Wu Shang had already finished his work. Thus, she hurriedly left the southern courtyard and headed towards the Northern Courtyard.

In the Northern Courtyard, inside Helian Yi's study, Wu Shang respectfully knelt behind Helian Yi. After a long while, his Master finally spoke.

"Speak, what happened!"

Wu Shang had kept his head low all this time and did not dare to make a sound. But upon hearing his Master's cold voice, he could not help but shrink back a little.

"The Ninth Miss's departure is all this subordinate's mistake. This subordinate will voluntarily accept the punishment."

Helian Yi berated Wu Shang: "Do you know that if she didn't accidentally meet me today, she probably wouldn't even have had the chance to return to this Prince's Mansion?!"

"This subordinate knows his mistakes! Your Highness, please punish me!"

Helian Yi sat in front of the desk and looked coldly at Wu Shang.

"You will receive twenty hits as punishment! Get down!"

"Yes, Your Highness!"

When Yue Er's figure appeared near the Northern Courtyard, she heard a series of muffled groans inside. Curious, she walked up to take a peek.

Seeing Wu Shang lying on the Xing Xie stool, two guards holding a plank stood beside him and smacked it towards his waist. Yue Er was so shocked that she immediately covered her mouth to ensure that she would not make a sound.

When Yue Er's figure appeared near the Northern Courtyard, she heard a series of muffled groans coming from the courtyard. Curious, she walked up to take a peek.