presentation day

I help Eleanor off of my bike before walking her up to her house.
She turns to face me with a smile plastered on her face. I smirk at her and she instantly starts to blush. She tries to hide it by looking down. That made a strand of hair fall down to her face.
She looks at me and i, by instinct, tuck in the strand of hair behind her ear.
If she wasn't red before she definitely is now.
I start laughing.

"What's funny?" She asks.

"Do you really want me to tell you?"

She got the idea and shook her head. She's such a fine sight.
Best thing to look at.
Woah...
Calm down tiger.
Honestly, i don't care anymore. It's about time i let someone in my life for once.

"I had a lot of fun. I really enjoy spending my time with you," i comment as i reach for her hand.

She looks down at the floor. "Thank you..."

I bring me free hand up and place it under her chin, making her look up at me.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

She nods.

"C-could i take you out for breakfast?" I ask suddenly.

"Sure. Just text me when you get here."

"Alright...it's a date," i state before i could stop myself.

She falls silent for a few seconds. Did i overstep...again?
These are the moments in my life where i want to bury my own grave.

"A date?" She asks unsure.

Say no.

"Yeah, it's definitely a date," i answer quickly.

She smiles. "Alright then."

She stands up on her tiptoes and kisses my cheek. "Goodnight," she whispers in my ear.

That sent shivers down my spine.

"Goodnight," i say a bit too high pitched.

I see her walk into her house but not before looking back one last time and send a flirty wink my way. That made me go weak to my knees.
I walk to my bike and hop on.
I speed through the roads, feeling light headed, by everything that happened today.
I'm not complaining at all.

I open the door to reveal my dad sitting on the couch on his laptop. I had totally forgot he hasn't seen me in my new look.
He looks up from his laptop and his eyebrows go up in surprise.
He smiles and a small chuckle escapes.
He gets up and walks towards me.

"You look great! I can teach you how to style it," he says as he runs his fingers through my hair.

I laugh and nod. "That would be amazing."

"When'd you cut it?"

"About...i don't know, not so long ago."

"Cool! Anyways, it's pretty late. Where were you?" He asks as he starts showing some concern.

"Out, with a friend."

I can be honest with my dad. He's like my best friend. I say "like," because you really shouldn't be friends with your parents, in my opinion. My parents are my parents and i should respect as parents not as friends. Having a good communication with them is totally different.
Anyways, "friend."
Eleanor is a friend...at the moment.

"Okay, just be careful. It's pretty dangerous out there. Too many crazy people out there," my dad shakes his head.

"I am careful, though," i smile.

He looks at me with a look.

"A mouse is careful when grabbing it's cheese but it still gets caught in that mouse trap."