kitchen

"So what are we doing today?" Eleanor asks as she steps into my house.

I pull her in for a quick kiss before grabbing her hand and leading her into the kitchen.

"We are cooking today. Maybe baking too," I say as I show her the counter that has been set up already.

I actually do enjoy cooking, just not for children who aren't mine.

"Yeah right...you can't cook," she pauses when I look at her with a serious face. "You can?"

I nod. "Yes, I can and I'll teach you."

"This is going to be a disaster," she mumbles.

"Not as long as I'm here."

We started off by washing our hands because that's what everyone should do. I handed her an apron in case of anything spilling and whatnot, though I doubt anything will.
But Eleanor can be quite clumsy.

"Okay. I would like for you to cut the bell peppers, if you feel safe enough to use a knife," I smile as I hand her a not-so-big knife.

"I'll be fine," she laughs.

I raise an eyebrow in question. She laughs and nods reassuring me that she'll be fine.

"Okay."

She begins to cut that while I grab my own knife and begins to cut the onions. Once in a while I glance at the sun kissed beauty making sure she doesn't slice a finger off.
That's until I realize she is grabbing the knife wrong. Not only can that cause her to cut herself but also make it more difficult to cut.

I run by her side and make her stop.

"Don't ever in your life hold a knife towards you like that, alright? Unless you want to stab yourself. Hold it like this." I take her hand and position the knife in her.

"And also cut like this," I say as I place my hands on top of hers and show her how to cut the proper way.

"Easier, huh?" I ask.

She nods. "Yeah."

Okay okay, let's rewind.

It all began in the year-
This happened 2 weeks ago...
Back when we were at the museum. It had taken all of my courage to finally ask her to be my girlfriend. I was scared, I was pretty much shaking from the nervousness. I probably had an earthquake happening.
Eleanor had me waiting for her answer, for like forever. My hands were sweating and she could definitely feel them, especially because she was holding one of my hands.

When she finally said yes, I couldn't help but pick her up and spin her around. I was very surprised to find out that she weighed less than I thought.
Not that it is a bad thing that she weighed more. If she did, the cuddling would definitely be on another level.

Going back to the...story?
I guess it is one.
After that day we saw each other everyday. Even if it was only to talk or watch a movie. Anything at all.
And so that all led up to what we have going on now.

"What are we making?" Eleanor asks as she cuts up another half of the bell pepper.

"I honestly have no idea what it's called I just know how to make it and it's good. Mom loves it, says it's healthy and delicious, I can't deny it," I say with a smile.

Eleanor hums in response.

We cut silently for a few minutes. That's until one of the twins decided to scare us. I hear something drop from behind me and then a, "Ah fuck!" I turn around to see Eleanor holding her hand and the knife on the ground.