"eating?"

Okay...I know I said this book was going to be a short story. And...I lied. It definitely is not. I looked back at all of the other chapters that I'm yet to finish and this book is no where close to being finished. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.
This book has so many details to it that I can't possibly shorten it, therefore it will have to be long.
I sure do hope that whoever is reading will enjoy the rest...

~Day❤

Time is always going slow when you want it to go fast. And it goes fast when you want it to go slow. But something time will never do is, stop. Time will never step for you or anyone.
Time doesn't care if you are old or young, who you are or what you've done, it will continue without a care. It will even run and if you can't keep up, you'll be left behind.
That's why I always attempt to outrun it by setting my clocks and watches, 15 minutes in advance.

I do that to stay on time but time always catches up to me. I look away from my clock for one second and then I look back, an hour has passed. How weird, right?

It's currently 2:45, according to the real time. Not mine. So, it's my time to leave the house and go pick up Eleanor.
I grab my jacket and run down the stairs, jumping onto the floor at the 3rd to last step. It's a habit that I have and it won't stop anytime soon.

Luckily there were no children in sight since I sent them out to the backyard to play. I got tired of them, fooling around so I sent them out. I can't stand them anymore. No even Caricia, unfortunately. My love towards my little sister will never change, she mostly never gets on my nerves but lately, she has.
She might just be playing or drawing sometimes and I just get annoyed. It's either because of the noise her pencil is making or the way she is moving her feet and they begin to produce some type of sound.

Like I said, just anything.

I grab my keys and walk out the door, making sure no one saw me. When I make it to my bike I slip on my jacket and my helmet. I wasn't the one to use a helmet. That was until I got into a crash.
One of the most scariest experiences I've been in. I learned my lesson and now I wear the helmet.

I turn on the engine, making it roar to life. If the kids heard me then they won't catch up to me because I'm already out the driveway.

The days are still cold. That obviously doesn't stop me from riding the bike. I honestly love this cold, it's the perfect weather.

When I get to Eleanor's house I notice that there is a car in the driveway.
Well fuck.
I might be getting interrogated. Maybe.

I cut the engine and hop off my bike, setting my helmet on the seat. I unzip my jacket and make my way towards the door.
I knock 3 times and step back, waiting for the door to open. I listen carefully to hear the footsteps approaching the door.
There were more than just one set of footsteps. About 2 people were about to be on the other side of this door.

The door swings open.

Bingo!

Eleanor and her mom were standing there, both has smiles on their faces. Eleanor's mom, or should I say Lena, moved Eleanor to the side and pulled me inside by my arm.
Gotta say, she has a strong grip. Well hello Mommy-
I'm kidding, totally kidding.

Lena closes the door then wraps her strong arms aeound me and hugs me tightly, like extremely tight, to the point I feel like my organs are going to be squashed.
Eleanor notices.

"Mom..."

Lena lets go of me and smiles, looking me up and down. "You look really good," she says.