notes

"3 more months left until we are out of this place, how are you feeling?" Zoe asks as she walks beside me down the school hallway.

"Fucking phenomenal. I can't wait to be out of this shithole," I roll my eyes.

"It's not that bad."

"That's because you love school, you freak." I bump my hip into her's. She laughs and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Am I really a freak for liking school?" She asks.

I shrug. "In some ways."

We arrive to her first class of the day. I pull her into a quick hug and kiss her cheek before allowing her to go inside. The teacher gives us a kind smile and I return it.
I head towards my class which is on the other side of the building. By this time I have to speed walk since I only have 3 minutes left. I hate being late.

It turns out that I had to finish up a test for a class. That meant I had to skip one of my other classes. And apparently it was a note taking day. And the only person I do talk to in that class is no other than Taylor.
I can already hear her voice asking me if I wanted to come over. Or something between those lines.
There is nothing wrong with hanging out with her. It's just awkward that I used to fuck her.

I see her walking down the hallway, pushing through people. So I do the same. Push through people. I hate slow walkers. They are the worst. Get out of my way you're literally building up traffic.
It's like playing bumper cars but without the cars and instead of cars it's people.

I finally reach her and I tug on her sleeve as I walk beside her.

"Oh, hey!" Her voice all cheery.

Reminds me of my girlfriend's voice, though her voice is much much better.

"Hey. I heard that you guys took notes in Mr. Cater's class, could you pass them to me?" I ask.

She glances at me and smiles. "Why don't you come by my house later? Text me and I'll send you my address, yeah?"

I wanted to decline the offer but I needed the notes.

"Well can't you take a picture of them and send them?" I ask hesitantly.

"I could but I rather you come over," she grins.

I don't know what to do. Is she being nice? Flirty? She knows I have a girlfriend. Wait...no, I don't think she does.
I did mention to her that I didn't want to continue to see her though. Of course with the exception of being friends.

I sigh in defeat. "Fine."

She squeals and turns away from me, ready to head off. "I'll see you later then."

"Mhmm," I say unsure of myself. I don't think I did the right thing. I want to believe that I did but I know I didn't.

Fast forward to my last class. I don't get to see my girlfriend or my best friend in this one, not for this day. So it gets boring.
I doodle on my notebook just to pass time. Apparently it worked since I began to focus on the details of my drawings. The downside of it was that, I have no idea what the teacher had been talking about for the past hour and a half.

I didn't care though, I ran out the class when I heard the bell.

Ten minutes.
I only have ten minutes to go back home and then go pick up Caricia. On the way towards Caricia's school, I called Zoe.

"As in Taylor, the girl that you used to fuck?" Zoe questions suspiciously.

"Yep, that one."

"Seriously? I mean, really? Why? Couldn't she just text you? She doesn't have to invite you over!" Zoe yells.