(29) - He Paid Me A Visit

It's the next day and I'm feeling better as time goes. The doctor said that I can leave in two days but I'll have to come for a regular check-up.

"He is the naughtiest kid ever." Zara blabbered about her kids. "He tried to vacuum his little brother nipple!! Can you believe it! This is the sight that I see when I come back from my tiresome work." she exclaims and I laugh hysterically, rubbing my nipples unconsciously.

"I would love to see them one day," I said and she rolled her eyes as if that is a bad decision.

"Emily?" my head spun in the direction of the familiar sound. The person I haven't seen in a long time, A smile stretch my face at the balloons and flowers he held in his hands.

"Caleb!" I exclaimed.

"Hey baby boo!!" he envelops me in a sweet hug.

  R E C A P

( for everyone who doesn't remember our sweet chocolate accent guy, Caleb)

"God. I'm never drinking!!" I groan.

"good for you" Caleb snort sipping his Green Tea Crème Frappuccino® Blended Crème.

Caleb is our Cafe colleague. He is our only true friend here. A person we can always rely on. He is a final year law student, who pays for his own education.

Of course, the Café isn't his only source of income. He works for a workshop down the street and also he has a music band which plays at clubs and parties. I still don't understand how he manages to study after all this.

●❯────────────────❮●

"I missed you!" I chuckled and he plants a kiss on my cheeks.

"Me too, Mom needed me home." he sighed seating on the edge of my bed. His hand still rubbing my arm.

"Oh, what happened to her?" I asked with concern.

"Oh No, nothing happened to her... It's her garden. Some plants from her garden dulled off." he said and I chuckled.

"Okay, Mr. Boyfriend give her some space unless you want her to get another attack." Zara scolded him.

"Oh no he is not my-" I try to clarify her misunderstanding but Caleb cut me off.

"I'll go out and get you something to eat." he winked and left. His blue lilies laid on my chest, helium balloon has already flown up the ceiling.

"Quite a handsome boyfriend huh?" Zara faked an accent to tease me.

"No, no... He is just my friend." I chuckled.

"Sure." she trialed out in sarcasm.

"Zara!" I whined.

Just after 30 minutes, Caleb comes in with nacho fries and hamburgers.

"Ah! My love." I grinned, taking a huge bite of my burger. I hadn't been able to eat fast food since I'm being admitted.

"You know that Zara will kill you if she sees this right?" I muffled through my food, making him smile at me.

"I don't care. This was worth dying," he said and I laughed.

We talked about everything aside from James's part. I don't want to talk or even think about him, he is a complicated person with a complicated life and secrets.

I deserve someone who knows me. Someone who loves me. Someone with a pure heart and no secrets.

"What are you thinking about?" Caleb asked, my eyes snapped to him.

I observed his facial details, His strong jawline (not as much of James.) His white charming smile(Not as beautiful as James tho) Why am I comparing Caleb with James? Caleb is way better than James, no doubt. Most importantly a guy with a hot accent.

"Nothing important." I waved him off.

"Remember the times we sing songs?"

"Yeh" I laughed at the memories of him and me having carpools. He was a better singer than me but I never gave up.

James never listened to songs or were even interested in it. Today I realize that he is as plain normal as me, A whole wheat bread.

I wonder what he is going through. Does he even think of me? If he did, he would have definitely visited me at least. Begged me to let him explain and apologize but no, he never turned up, then why should I wait for him or waste my time on that scoundrel?

"I'm done hatin' myself for feelin'
I'm done cryin' myself awake
I've gotta leave and start the healin'
But when you move like that, I just want to stay"

Caleb's melodic voice sang and I tried to avoid the irony of the lyrics.

"Baby, how do you sleep when you lie to me?
All that shame and all that danger
I'm hopin' that my love will keep you up tonight
Baby, how do you sleep when you lie to me?"

I give him an encouraging smile and he scooted closer to me but my mind was stuck to James and him lying about his son. How can he introduce his son as a brother to me, wait? Nothing makes sense. No one told me that Josh was James's son... Unless... They are were lying to me! I trusted them, they can't lie to me, cheat me!

"Oh no, how did I manage to lose me?
I am not this desper- Hey Emily!" he stopped singing as he noticed the tears running down my eyes.

"Come here." he coos and bring me into his warm hug. I inhale his scent of firewoods, I buried my face on his neck while he rubbed my back, soothingly. My tears stain his shirt.

"I can't-I-t fuckin hurts." I sobbed and he shushed me, bringing his face to the crook of my neck, his breath fanning my skin.

His lips accidentally brush my sensitive skin and I shiver at the contact, I pull away even though we aren't not hugging anymore our bodies are impossibly closer. The tip of our noses brushes.

I closed my eyes softly as his warm lips were pressed against mine. I open my mouth a bit to take his lips, his hands pressed me to the bed while he hovered above me.

●❯────────────────❮●

𝓽ꫝꪖꪀ𝘬𝘴 ᦔꪮ𝘳 𝘳ꫀꪖᦔ𝓲ꪀᧁ

Okay now Caleb is in the play, what choice will Emily make? How do you think deserves her love?

More and more drama!!! I can't😂 anyways, I know this a short chapter but I didn't think I could update this week (Kinda busy) so yeh, that's it for this week. Ba-bye🐝❤️