(31) - Did You Know?

J A M E S pov

*not edited*
( 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 🤗)

* * *

"Welcome to LUX, monsieur." a young lady, around her 20s greeted us.

We managed to get behind the club. The part where rich people crowded. So, this is where the dirty business happen? And apparently, Amara and her fiancé happen to be here.

"Thank you." I smiled at her and she guided us to a round table. There weren't many people as I expected it to be. No casino, no poker, no gambling. Everything seems to be clean.

"What can I get you, sir?" she asked with a tired voice. She was bored with us already. Great!

"Um, I'm here to meet Amara? A blonde witch? Have you seen her around?" I asked while Matt played with the napkin on the table like a three-year-old.

"As in Amara, the witch bitch?" she scoffed.

"Yeah, you seem to know her well..."

"Well, she the one who brought to this great position." she motioned her attire: just suspender belt and lacy outfit.

I was going to smooth her and ask her for help in return for a favor; a tit for tat.. but Matt decided to fuck it up, "Oh! You look great. What do we have for specials?"

The girl glared at him and faked a smile, "Grand Velas Tacos, Fortress Stilt Fisherman Indulgence, and Beluga's Almas caviar."

I interrupted between the intense glare she was giving Matt, only if looks could kill. "We will have two caviar and anything else you prefer for drinks." I smiled at her which she didn't return.

"You are going to spit in my food, aren't you?" Matt accused with a pout. She scoffed and left with the order.

"Yup, she is definitely going to spit and bonus, pee in my drink." Matt sighed as he watched her leave.

"You, jackass." I smacked his head. "You fucked up everything." I groaned.

"Excuse me?" he chuckles sarcastically while massaging his head.

After a few slaps we exchanged, we sit in silence.

"Emily is fucking mad at me," I confessed the reason behind my aggression.

"Ha. Ha, funny cuz you diminished into thin air for a week." Matt mocked. "You have no idea how much of stubborn moles Slovakian girls can be," he said referring to Melva.

He struggled to get back with her. He confessed why he had beef with Emily--he feared that if he talked and hung out with Emily, he could have spilled out the beans.

After a few flowers and chocolate, he was back with Melva and new-friends with Emily. (Which helped me take tabs on her. Except for the new accent guy.)

"I was in LA. I had to work legally for days. I had no leverage to keep Josh with me. I had to do something and Find the reason why both my ex-girlfriends are doppelgängers."