Chapter 21

"Double cuff?"
"Yes. He can escape handcuff like I did with that suspect yesterday. We're trained to escape from cuffs. He can too."
"So cuffs would be ineffective."
"Tied him with ropes tight, cuff the ropes. Strip off all his weapons. Check shoes, check if there is any pins. Scorpia taught us to use pins to escape cuffs."
"I've actually never thought of that." McGee said as he cuffed the guy then moved him to a more high security place to tie up and cuff up. "Come on kid. Let's get you checked by Ducky." Gibbs picked Alex up and carried him to Ducky. Alex was drifting in and out of consciousness. "What happened boss?!" Tony exclaimed as him and Ziva ran after them and squeezed in through the closing doors of the lift. "Alex, stay awake kiddo." Gibbs said gently. "Boss?" Tony prompted. "We arrested a guy that was the second most frequent person who contacted Alexa. He knew Alex as Scorpia. Alex was the one that killed his sister and he acted like it was no big deal. Then when Alex asked why he abused Alexa who was his wife, he said he is Scorpia and he pounced at Alex. He broke the door knob and jammed the door, McGee and I couldn't get in. Alex was choked and the guy slammed Alex's head to a wall. Alex then fought back and knocked the guy out and broke the door by kicking it." Gibbs explained as they reached Ducky. Ducky cleaned the wound and bandaged it. Alex now laid on the couch, sleeping. They all stood around him. "Poor kid..." Ducky mumbled. "Why do you guys think he is in this business that even most adults population don't do?" Abby asked quietly. "Dunno. But I hope we find out soon." Gibbs said. Alex's eyes fluttered open. Goddammit... I fell for it when that guy lied. I'm that bad. Alex thought as he laid an arm on his pounding head. "What did I miss?" Alex asked, peeking at them. "For god's sake, kiddo! Can you please just stop doing work for like 2 hours?" Tony asked. "Nope. Always working. No breaks. No fixed schedules." Alex said. Then his phone vibrated. "Urgh! Just kill me now!!!" Alex mumbled angrily. He reached for his phone and answered it after looking at the caller ID. "Hey Tom."
"Hey Alex!!!!!" Tom literally screamed into the phone. Alex pulled the phone away from his ear. He clicked on the speaker and placed his phone on the coffee table. "Are you dead yet?" Tom asked. "Damn! I'm so dead you're talking to my ghost that can actually touch solid objects and not pass through it." Alex said sarcastically," I will hunt you down and I WILL make you step on Legos." The team stifled a laugh. "That is the cruelest thing EVER!!!!! Humanity weeps for people who is a victim of Legos! You are so EVIL!"
"Tom?"
"Yes?" Tom asked sweetly. "Shut up. Headache."
"What happened?!"
"Shush up!" Alex said. "Sorry... What happened?" Tom asked quieter than before. "Scorpia."
"Oh my gosh... Are you sure you're still alive?"
"Shall I make you step on a Lego?" Alex threatened. "No you- owwwwww!!!!! F*!!!!!! I stepped on a f*ing Lego!!!!" Everyone burst out laughing. "It's either you are dead and you made me step on one or-"
"Karma!!" Alex exclaimed. "So true!!" Tom exclaimed. "Hey, seriously, ow, how's life? Ow."
"Pretty good. Same old."
"Still hacking into people's computers and writing reports?"
"You forgot something."
"What?" Tom asked. "Assassins round ever corner. Kidnappers-"
"Ah. Ah. Shush. Don't give me so much detail."
"Tom?! Who are you talking to?" A woman exclaimed in the background. "It's Alex, mum."
"That super hot kid? With the freaking sexy jawline??!" The team laughed so hard they are almost on the ground rolling. "Mum!!! Don't hit on Alex! You're almost 50 and he's only a teenager."
"Then I'm gonna so become a cougar if it means I can hit on him."
"MUM!!!!!!"
"Are you guys talking about Alex?!" A girl squealed. Shittt. "Pass me the f*ing phone!!" The girl exclaimed. "NOOO!!!! You guys are NOT TOUCHING THIS PHONE. YOU GUYS ARE NOT GOING TO GET TO ALEX." Tom shouted. There were sounds of struggling. The team was still laughing. "Hey Alex." The girl purred. Tom lost. "Hi?"
"Oh my godddddd!!! He said hi!!!!!!!!!" She squealed. Then there were more sounds of struggling. "Hey man? Sorry about that. I'll talk to you later." Tom said. "Sure."
"I'm gonna make you sleep on bits Legos if you continue this!!" Tom exclaimed before hanging up.