Advice 8: Beware of false prophets and pay attention to what you hear!

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits"
‭‭—Matthew‬ ‭7:15‬ -16 ‬‬

"Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it. — Hebrews‬ ‭2:1

Pay close attention to what you have heard! In Matthew 13:18-23, Jesus tells us the parable of the sower. He explains 4 groups of people. The first group hears the word and does not understand it, then the devil comes to snatch away what's in their heart. The second group are those who hear the word, get excited, but quickly fall away when persecution/tribulation comes because they have no root; their beliefs weren't strong enough. The third group are those who hear the word of God but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. Finally the fourth group are those whose beliefs are "sown on good soil." They hear the word, understand it, then they bear fruit and yield more than what they had before- their faith is increasing. Hebrews 2:1 encourages us to pay attention to what we've heard so that we don't drift away. You don't want to be part of the first 3 groups the Bible mentioned. You don't want to be deceived by the enemy, loose hope because of tribulation, or be distracted by the cares of this world. Our time here is so short and we need to be careful about what we do with that time. Are we going to live for God in that time or live for the desires of this world that will disappear one day. This goes for me too and all of us.

Also do not be deceived by false prophets who come in sheep clothing (Matthew 7:15), you have to make sure you're always checking what people say with the Bible because it explains that in the end times many false prophets will rise and deceive many (Matthew 24:11), so you need to be able to discern who is telling the truth and who isn't. The only way you can do that is to study the Bible. If you're loosing faith please try to read the word more often because faith comes by hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ (Romans 10:17). God loves you and I'm here to talk and pray, if you need!❤️