Advice 3:Insecurity

Insecurity is such a big issue nowadays, especially among teens/young adults. We are conditioned to think that if we don't meet a certain standard of beauty, or have certain attributes, then we're less than what is expected. Society tries to influence you into thinking that only one look or one personality is beautiful. But Romans 12:2 says "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." You don't have to follow the trends of this world or listen to what they have to say about you. Beauty is subjective, just because you're different doesn't mean you're less than. God does not make mistakes he formed your inward parts and covered you in your mother's womb. You should praise him because you are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:13-14).

I used to battle with self hate in the past. Every word that was spoken of me, I always took it to heart. I let people define me and it eventually ruined me. Proverbs 4:23 says "keep thy heart with all diligence" or "Guard your heart." Don't let Just anyone speak into your life and don't take everything to heart. Gods opinion matters first and foremost. Always remember what God says about you, not what the world says.

I know personally what I've been dealing with lately is really accepting my personality. I'm satisfied with how God made me but there are sometimes that I feel maybe I'm boring or just not nice to be around. I just started college and have been trying to make friends, what keeps going through my mind is the fear that I'll have nothing to say to people you know and even when I do say stuff it's awkward lol. Anyways we all have our flaws but 2 Corinthians 12:9 says that Gods power is made perfect in weakness.

Imagine if God made us all look the same or made us all act the same, that would be boring. 1 Corinthians 12:12-27 explains how every member of the body is needed for it to function. You might think you're not important but there's a reason why God put you on this Earth.

We will never be perfect, but God loves us and tells us in his word that we were made wonderfully. Ask God to help you accept yourself the way he made you. Cast all your anxieties to God because he cares for you (1 Peter 5:7)

This advice definitely goes for me too. As I mentioned earlier, I struggle a lot with accepting my personality, and also tend to feel unimportant sometimes, but I always remind myself that God put me here for a reason. He put you here for a reason too.

Now I'm not saying this for anyone to become haughty lol. Paul says "For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you." ( Romans 12:3). We are not to think of ourselves more highly. The point I'm trying to make is that you need to find your worth in Christ and not the world or anything else.